It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
(female)

tywanda46 HB User
Mri Results - Help Please

Hi,
I am new to this site and would really appreciate some help/advise re the MRI results I have just ben given, The results are as follows:-

C4/5 Uncovertebral joint osteophyte results in moderate right foraminal narrowing.

C5/6 Uncovertrebral joint osteophyte results in moderate to marked bilateral foraminal narrowing.

C6/7 Broad based posterior disc bulge/osteophyte complex results in mild to moderate bilateral foraminal.

I am having problems with numbness AND tingling in my arms and with lower limb muscle power.
I
Is it possible to tell from these results whether I will require surgery.

Any help/advise greatly appreciated

Jean

Old 09-05-2007, 03:47 AM   #2
(male)

Nexis HB User
Re: Mri Results - Help Please

What has your doctor said about this?

I assume you are seeing a Neurologist?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2007, 08:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Mri Results - Help Please

unfortunetly,just from reading this,it really does sound like your only option to get rid of what appears to be alot of bone spur overgrowth is some level of surgical intervention to relieve what is most likely alot of compression upon key spinal nerves.this is in the areas where the nerves leave the spine and then go out to the rest of the body.these areas need to be 'cleaned' out.i would highly advise you to seek out a good neurosurgeon for an evaluation and consult of possible options.i really would not waste my time with just a neurologist since you would most likely be sent to an NS anyways.unfortunetly,bone spurs can just keep growing if they are not taken care of.they are just boney type overgrowths,with yours mostly within the foramen from what your particular report states.they can grow almost anywhere within the spine.i have and had alot of this crap in my c spine too.seek out a good neurosurgeon and see what they have to tell you.good luck and please keep us posted, FB

Closed Thread