It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #1
(male)

WaltNeedingHelp HB User
help with MRI left shoulder w/+w/o contrast report please

Hello and Thank You for looking its long but I am going to type my MRI report as it is. I really could use any advice and how to understand this in a way I can understand it.I am a union electrician of 26 yrs. 44/m and i will do anything to get my shoulders back so I can continue to support my son and I.
i have had 5 operations in the past 5 years including last was april 27,2007.using 3 different surgeons. first 3 were arthoscopic and last 2 were open surgery. well her goes
report 09/11/07
exam date 09/11/07

MRI LEFT SHOULDER
the patient is a 44 year old male with prior rotator cuff and labral repairs.

multiple sagittal, axial and coronal sections were acquired using various imaging sequences.15 cc of gadolinium was injected uneventfully intravenously at the right antecubital fossa.

a prior rotator cuff repair is noted with post surgical susceptibility artifact. there is a small glenohumeral joint infusion. moderate distention of the subacromial/subdeltoid bursa is noted with fluid consistent with bursitis. there is a small tear anteriorly of the supraspinatus tendon which measures approximately 4mm. communication with the subacromial/subdeltoid bursa is demonstrated on the post contrast images with bursal fluid enhancement.

there is osteoarthritis at the acromioclavicular and glenohumeral joints with subcortical cysts.

the infraspinatus and subscapularis tendons are intact. a tear of the rotator cuff is not noted.the long head of the biceps tendon is intact and lies in the intertubercular groove.the musculature is not atrophic.

irregularity at the anterior superior labrum is again noted from possible prior SLAP repair. no soft tissue masses are destructive asseous lesions are noted.
Impression:

there is a small full thickness tear approximately 1.5 cm proximal to the anterior margin of the supraspinatus insertion which is shown to communicate with a moderately distended subacromial/subdeltoid bursa on the postcontrast images.the above-described tear is in the vicinity of the tear described on the examination dated 03/06/07

Last edited by moderator2; 09-12-2007 at 06:05 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2007, 06:09 AM   #2
(male)

Jamesy_Boy HB User
Thumbs up Re: help with MRI left shoulder w/+w/o contrast report please

first...the report starts off by stating that gadolinium (a radioactive isotope) is injected intravenously, meaning this was a contrast mri.
There is scar tissue findings as well as other lesions suggesting a prior rotator cuff repair. These findings are found in in the ball and socket joint area of your shoulder formed by the humerus and scapula. There is inflammation of one or more bursa (a lubricating sack located at point where muscle and tendon slide across the bone). There is a small tear in front of the supraspinatus tendon which measures 4mm and is close to the bursa below the top of your shoulder and below the deltoid.

You have a lot of wear and tear in the ball and socket joint and between the top part of your shoulder and collar bone. There are cysts in the same area.

Infraspinatus and subscapularis tendons are fine. there is no rotator cuff tear noted. Bla bla bla explaining several tendons are intact, fine, and not atrophic (no atrophy or wasting away, shrinking.)

Lesions possibly indicative of a bicep anchor repair are noted.

there is a small tear near the front part of the supraspinatus tendon connected to a moderately enlarged bursa. This tear is in the same general area as the tear described above.

hope this helped at least a little...if you have any other question or your in need of more information on any part of this...feel free to ask questions.

Closed Thread