It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 04:45 AM   #1
(female)

Andrea34 HB User
Does Anyone Know ?

Hi There,

Ive being seeing my doctor for a week now has i have being coughing up bits of blood and i have a high temperature.
I already have bronchietis and asthma any way his put me on antibiotics which dont seem to be helping much.

Ive had blood tests to check my Infection levels and they have came back normal.

I was sent for a X Ray today and he wrote Right Basel Creps ?

And i wanted to know what they was ?

Old 09-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User
Re: Does Anyone Know ?

Have you had a tb test? Might be a good idea.

What your doctor's note referred to was a crackling type noise (crepitus) that he could hear at the bottom of your right lung. Hearing that type of noise would be expected with a lung infection. He wrote it as justification for ordering your xray (which I'm glad you had done).

Can I ask what antibiotic you are on? Also, how high is your temperature?

Last edited by index.html; 09-13-2007 at 10:05 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 10:56 AM   #3
(female)

Andrea34 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by index.html View Post
Have you had a tb test? Might be a good idea.

What your doctor's note referred to was a crackling type noise (crepitus) that he could hear at the bottom of your right lung. Hearing that type of noise would be expected with a lung infection. He wrote it as justification for ordering your xray (which I'm glad you had done).

Can I ask what antibiotic you are on? Also, how high is your temperature?
Hi There,
First of all thanks for your reply

The antibiotic im on is Levofloxacin 500MG (Tavanic).

All the doctor told me was my temperature was high and thats being twice now he told me if im no better in a couple of days then go back.
Im hopeless i cant find my temperature tester anywhere. Im still really hot and just don't feel myself.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Andrea,

Perhaps you could get a friend to buy you a thermometer?

Be sure you are drinking lots of fluids, get plenty of rest, take deep breaths & cough forcifully to try to dislodge all the icky stuff from your lungs, and be sure that you take your antibiotics exactly as prescribed.

If you get worse, go to the A&E.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:57 AM   #5
(female)

Andrea34 HB User

Thanks ive called my doctor again this morning feel dizzy and sick. Im just hoping its the antibiotics im taking.
I do force the Sputum to come up i end up chocking myself

Old 09-14-2007, 01:53 PM   #6
(female)

SouthChic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea34 View Post
Hi There,

Ive being seeing my doctor for a week now has i have being coughing up bits of blood and i have a high temperature.
I already have bronchietis and asthma any way his put me on antibiotics which dont seem to be helping much.

Ive had blood tests to check my Infection levels and they have came back normal.

I was sent for a X Ray today and he wrote Right Basel Creps ?

And i wanted to know what they was ?
Basal crepitations are a crackling noise heard in the lower lobes of the lungs on ausculation. (using a stethoscope). It usually infers the patient has a chest infection etc.

Bronchitis and certain strains of pneumonia can cause blood vessels in the lungs to bleed. So can blood clots and swelling of lung tissue caused by heart problems. At the worst, tuberculosis and lung cancer could produce bloody phlegm.

The source of the blood isn't always confined to the respiratory tract. You could also be bleeding in your stomach and coughing it up.

In either case, here's what you need to do:

Keep an eye on it - Stay vigilant: Watch out to see if it happens again or gets worse. If it does, see your doctor.

Don't block the blood - Don't take an over-the-counter cough suppressant to stifle your blood-tinged sputum. By treating yourself, you might be allowing blood to pool somewhere inside your body, and you could be masking a sign of a serious problem. Your doctor may decide you need a cough suppressant so you don't aggravate whatever might be producing the blood, but let that be his or her option.

Cough into a container - If you cough up blood more than once or are worried enough by what you see, go to the doctor. Make sure you take along a sample of the phlegm for testing. If it's an infection, the test will ensure that you get the right antibiotic.

If the blood is a fresh bright red, you're still bleeding. If it's a darker red, or perhaps brown or rust-colored, the blood has dried or clotted. In less serious cases, the blood will appear as small red dots or flecks in the mucus. In more serious cases, the blood may appear as streaks or clots, or it could just well up in the mouth.

Closed Thread