It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 01:56 AM   #1
(male)

Bowser Koopa HB User
danger of getting a tetanus shot too soon?

hey I was thinking about telling my doctor I want a tetanus shot since I'm not sure the last time I had one. I know I had one when I was 6 and then I'm not sure if I had one when I was 14. now if I did, I should be good, but I'm not sure. I was getting my hepatitus shots then, and I think it was my 2nd one where the doctor gave me a tetanus shot.

if I did get one, is there a danger to getting another one too soon?

Old 10-03-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: danger of getting a tetanus shot too soon?

just how old are you now?the general rule of thumb with tetnaus is if you cannot remember for sure when you had the last one,you are probably due for one.as far as i know and have heard about tetnaus(i am not a doc) when in doubt you should get one just to make certain you are covered.i have never heard of anyone having any issues with getting one too soon.as long as a few years have gone by,it wouldn't hurt you to update it so you know.but you could just call your primarys office and ask them about it too.that would probably be your best bet.they would be able to give you the very best info on this.if you know for sure it has been more than like five years at least,i would get another myself.better safe than sorry ya know?i have also heard many different parameters as far as how many years a tetnaus is actually good for,from like seven to ten,so who really knows but your doc.check with them.sorry if i actually confused you more now vs before. FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread