It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
(female)

jennifer222 HB User
Question Question about CT scan, please help..:-(

My urologist requested me to get a CT scan for my kidneys. In other words an abdominal CT scan where I had to drink that nasty stuff..lol

Anyway, I was wondering would it just show my kidneys on the scan or would it show my whole abdomen as well, including my ovaries etc.? I hope so because I don't want to have to go through that again to see what the problem truly is.

I'm still waiting the results .

any info would be helpful, thank you.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #2
(female)

mcelroy21 HB User
Re: Question about CT scan, please help..:-(

I had an abdominal CT scan and also had to drink that lovely substance.....what ever it was. It tasted like chalk. Anyway, the CT did reveal an incidental finding of ovary cysts. Ovary cysts are pretty common--about 50% of women have them. Most of the time they have no symptoms, but sometimes--they are quite painful and can cause a variety of ailments. I would try not to be worried to much unless you ARE given news to worry about......Hopefully you will find everything is normal on the CT scan. and remember--Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

I just had a CA 125 blood test due to having early symptoms of ovarian cancer. I recently has a CT, but my doctor said that something may or may not show on a CT in or around the ovaries. I guess it depends on the radiologist ready the scan, as well as how much of the entire abdomen they get in the scan. Are you worried about your ovaries? What are your symptoms?

Old 10-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #4
(female)

jennifer222 HB User

Thanks everyone! I went to a urologist because of frequent urination etc.. I had no UTI but micro blood in urine. anyway, I went and got a quick cystoscope which he said looked okay. So he decided to do a CT scan of the kidneys. What I was wondering is if they did a CT of my pelvis would it also show my ovaries and other organs or just the kidneys? I am assuming that even though he ordered it for my kidneys that all my organs would show up as well.

Sorry if i'm being confusing...

The reason why I am worried about my ovaries and such is because my cysto was normal and I know urination problems can be due to ovaries or other female organs.

Last edited by jennifer222; 10-09-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

in most cases,while they were looking at the actual kidneys,they would still take a quick look around at what is actually showing up on the screen too.if something was sited,it would at the very least be noted as an "incidental' finding.but this all depends if it was something they could actually see just on the screen in the intra abdominal area which would not be looked at as closely as your kidneys.

there are many actual kidney problems and or conditions that can cause blood to show in the urine.i myself have polycystic kidney disease both in my kidneys(which are currently huge but functioning normally,knock on wood there)and my liver too. i 'used" to have only microscopic blood in my urine but now it is a bit more noticable.this is from some hemorrhagic cysts that seem to pop off and on.very weird.please let us know just what you find out,K?hopefully it is just a fluke type thing and nothing major. FB

Old 10-11-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
(female)

jennifer222 HB User

Thank you all for your help and advice.

I got the results of my CT Urogram today. They were normal and I am happy about that. However, she said that since it was a specific test (urogram) it probably would not show my ovaries and that I would need a sonogram for that.

I had such high hopes that my ovaries would show up so I would know that all was okay and maybe, just maybe I had an overactive bladder.

However, now I need to go get a sonogram to make sure my ovaries and such are okay. Just more worry it never ends...

I'm still having frequent urination and all the other wonderful bladder issues as well.

I had such hopes this would all be over with a CT scan. It did show my liver, spleen and other organs but nothing she said was mentioned of my ovaries etc..most likely they did not show up.

So here I go again...insurance is running out, time is running out...

I feel for so many people that have to go through this whole process...my heart and thoughts go out to everyone..

Thanks again for replying.

Closed Thread