It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
(male)

officespace HB User
Swollen hands and feet, please advise

Hi, I'm 20 and I had just gotten over a flu and still had some chest congestion when I noticed some swelling in my feet last night that made it painful to walk. I woke up this morning and my toes and feet were swollen along with my fingers. It is now the evening and the swelling has lasted all day and it’s the worst in my fingers. I’d appreciate any help.

Last edited by officespace; 10-15-2007 at 09:24 PM.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Swollen hands and feet, please advise

Have you actually seen a doc about this?if so,i think you really do need to go back for further evaluation,if not,you really need to see one now.this could possibly have turned into some form of pneumonia,or some other complication may have reared its ugly head.you just would need a simple chest x ray to determine the pneumonia.when our respiratory becomes affected it can cause some level of fluid retention(it's kind of a heart/lung thing).it should just be looked into a bit deeper,thats all.even just to rule this out,that appt would be well worth it.hope this goes away for you and you start feeling better soon.please keep me posted on how you are doing,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
(male)

officespace HB User

I went to the emergency room that night two nights ago when my lips started to swell up too. The doctor seemed to think it was an allergic reaction to too much salt (since i ate a cheeseburger that day) and gave me benadryl. The benadryl cleared it up. But now when I eat a food that has some salt (not very much... like a turkey sandwich with low sodium turkey) some of my toes and fingers start swelling up, though less severely than the first time.. I'm still coughing up yellow and green mucus about three or four times a day... also: today i had a very mild dull pain in my left kidney for about a two hours... don't know if thats worth mention. Thanks!

Last edited by officespace; 10-19-2007 at 12:30 AM.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:25 AM   #4
(male)

officespace HB User

And now the kidney thing is starting to worry me. Tonight I got that dull pain i had earlier today back. What are the chances that this kidney pain isn't anything? I sure hope I don't have kidney stones... I hear those are painful .

Old 10-19-2007, 06:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

i think you really should make an appt with your own doc for a full work up on blood and get that chest x ray.coughing up anything other than whitish or clear junk is an indication of an infection going on.anything yellow or green is indicative of infection.

it is rather interesting as to how your body is reacting to salt right now,along with having the kidney pain as well.how have your BPs been?there is just a pretty direct correlation between your kidneys,salt and BPs.you just appear to really be having a strong reaction to sodium.my best advice to you at this point would be to obtain that chest x ray to rule out pneumonia and have some labs done on certain things(mainly your kidney labs) in order to find out what is going on in you.i do wish you luck and hope this will clear with a little anti B help.but you DO need to see your doc about this.if you don't have actual pneumonia,you DO have some level of infection there somewhere(respiratory) just by how you described your sputum.in most cases,this wont clear without help and can become much worse without intervention.let me know how you are doing,K? FB

Old 10-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #6
(male)

officespace HB User

Doc gave me a z-pack for the assumed bronchitis. He also took blood and urine samples, I get the results on Wednesday. cheers

Closed Thread