It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
(female)

yanksgirl HB User
Unhappy chronic watery diarrhea while on 'total' liquid diet, almost 6 mos.

Please help! My daughter, mid 40's, has been on a medically supervised total liquid diet for almost 6 mos. and has lost close to 150 lbs.! The biggest problem is watery diarrhea--several times a day! She was told to cut back on chewing sugar free gum or sucking on sugar free candy. She did that. She has to rely on Imodium to help and that doesn't always. The other night and quite often, she has to 'shower' twice a day due to accidental 'happening's night and day---causing a rush to the bathroom but not getting there in time. The major medical center she goes to, knows of the problem, but so far have not given a good solution. She does take potassium tablets and also has blood tests periodically. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks
yanksgirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
(female)

babyluv45 HB User
Re: chronic watery diarrhea while on 'total' liquid diet, almost 6 mos.

has she had a colonoscopy or anything to rule out some type of inflammatory bowel disease? i am having the same problem, and i go for my second colonoscopy on tuesday. i also have blood/mucous mixed with my bowel movements. does your daughter have any of this? your daughter is quite a bit older than i am, i am only 19, but IBD can strike at any age.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 08:20 AM   #3
(female)

yanksgirl HB User

No colonoscopy--but since this only has occured since the total liquid diet, the diet has to be the cause. We're just hoping someone perhaps has had the same problem with this and has found something that will help. Thanks for your comment.
yanksgirl
good luck on your colonoscopy!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
(female)

antomcd HB User

i suffered with this recently,my doc put me on a diary free diet and an antibiotic for two weeks .the bug was feeding off the natural bacteria in the dairy products,hope this is some help as its awful to go through.

Closed Thread