It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
(female)

kris23 HB User
HELP!!! I have a pill stuck in my throat...

I tried swallowing an Excedrine Migraine at about 10:15 p.m. and it got stuck in my throat at about the depth of my shoulders. It has been about an hour now and it still has not gone anywhere. At first I couldn't swollow anything or spit anything up other than the spit that I tried to swallow. now I can finally swallow my spit and a tiny bit of fluid with some effort. I tried eating some well chewed up bread only to have it lodge also then the gag reflex kicked it back up. Will this pill dislodge itself with a little time or should I seek the e-room? Help!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2007, 12:23 AM   #2
(female)

Missy14 HB User
Re: HELP!!! I have a pill stuck in my throat...

You can try drinking carbonated beverages to or something hot to help it dissolve faster. That's what they'd try in the ER

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #3
(female)

kris23 HB User

Thank you Missy, funny thing, the second I posted my question it felt a little better, now I can swallow a little liquid with little effort. I didn't even think about trying hot liquid even though I drink herbal tea all day long, heating some water now... Thanks for your quick reply!!

Old 11-03-2007, 04:28 AM   #4
(female)

carmen1023 HB User

Kris, next time take a cracker or a piece of bread and that help you to push the pill down. This advise is from my mother that one time she was eating fish and one big fin stuck in her throat. She inmediately took a piece of bread and solve the problem.
Carmen

Closed Thread