It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

painterinlegoff HB User
two weeks post op shoulder surgery

i had shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago and the pain im having is still like ive just came out of surgery they cut and removed the main bicep tendon and things i had a type 3 slap plus something else anyone know how long pain will last and whati can do to ease it

Old 11-29-2007, 07:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: two weeks post op shoulder surgery

if your pain actually still feels like it did post op,you should really call your surgeon and discuss this with them.there could be a few different possibilities for increased pain post op and they need to be ruled out.just calling them will help your situation,they can give you some ideas as what you can do here that are more specific to your particular type of surgery.they would also be able to tell you just what your 'normal' or standard pain level should realistically be at this point.if it is over that,they may want to see you for another eval or Rx something that could help you.there is always the possibility of infection that just comes along with every surgery.this too needs to be ruled out.this is usually the biggest reason or most common reason for increased pain after this far out from a surgery.just give that surgeons office a call.hopefully this is just kind of normal for your particular type of surgery and will get better without any type of intervention,but you DO need to let your surgeon know whats up right now.good luck and please let me know how things are going.i have to have this surgery too in a couple months,yuck.hang in there, FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

painterinlegoff HB User
Re: two weeks post op shoulder surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelbad View Post
if your pain actually still feels like it did post op,you should really call your surgeon and discuss this with them.there could be a few different possibilities for increased pain post op and they need to be ruled out.just calling them will help your situation,they can give you some ideas as what you can do here that are more specific to your particular type of surgery.they would also be able to tell you just what your 'normal' or standard pain level should realistically be at this point.if it is over that,they may want to see you for another eval or Rx something that could help you.there is always the possibility of infection that just comes along with every surgery.this too needs to be ruled out.this is usually the biggest reason or most common reason for increased pain after this far out from a surgery.just give that surgeons office a call.hopefully this is just kind of normal for your particular type of surgery and will get better without any type of intervention,but you DO need to let your surgeon know whats up right now.good luck and please let me know how things are going.i have to have this surgery too in a couple months,yuck.hang in there, FB
thank you for your response, i apologize i havent been on ina while, my shoulder kills me even if i just move, i have done p.t, i have been icing my shoulder, i have done a pain rub, heat, etc etc, nothing seems to help the pain......litterally i am in 24/7 constant pain, some at times i hurt so bad all i can do is cry out.......i have an follow up appt with the suregon on the 18th,this pain, this hurting has cuased me severe depression and a desperate circumstancei cant lift my hand aboe my head, extend my arm, lift my arm, or anything with sheering pain....may god bless you in your surgery and have a speedy recovery

Closed Thread