It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
(male)

nrefzen HB User
3 years of misery help!

I am slowly loosing my mind here!

This all started about 3 years ago with a trip to the emergency room after feeling some chest pain and pressure. After 1 chest xray which actually yeilded nothing,and 3 hours I was diagnosed with possible bronchitis due to a severe cough I had the week before. So I was put on Biaxcin and sent home. After the course of medication, I thought I should be fine, but no. I was tired and in pain, and I kept having anxiety attacks, so I made an appointment with a doctor. Now keep in mind I had the worst health insurance at the time, which almost seemed like a scam rather than insurance. The in network providers were few and far between. Also this was the first time I have been to a doctor in about 10 years. Being in college and not having a job with insurance is responsible for that.

Anyway, After explaining what I felt and symptoms:
Fatigue
Muscle Pain
Dizziness
Red spots on my hips
Anxiety

I was given the following Diagnosis
Hypertension 140/80 which he wanted to put me on Medication for.
And he said the red stops on my hips, whcih did not hurt or itch or anything were shingles. The blood tests didn't even pointy to any kind of infection.

I didn't buy it, 140/80 Hypertension, keeping in mind I was a wreck from anxiety. AND SHINGLES???? REALLY???

After discussing with a few people whom have dealt with both conditions I decided to find a new doctor.

But before I could do that, once again with the chest pains and another trip to the emergency room. This time Chest xrays, blood tests, and an abdominal sonogram. All of which revealed nothing. Sent home no dx no rx.

So I made an appointment with the new doc, describbing symptoms, and was administered a metabolic panel, cbc with differential, TSH and t3 and t4, urinalisis, and an ekg.

This time the DX was :
Spots were stretch marks from gaining weight. And he laughed at the idea that this was shingles.
It was also found that my TSH was slightly low, indicating an overactive thyroid. However my t4 and t3 levels were at normal range.
Also he noted microscopic hemoturia in my urinalisis. the lowest amount to be considered abnormal.
He also diagnosed me with Scoliosis. but not overly pronounced.
He said my blood pressure was fine and my blood sugar was fine.
But he also noticed an Arythmia.

Next up was a trip to the endocrinologist
After somemore bloodwork I was told I had hyperthyroidism due to an inflammed thyroid, was placed on methimazole for 2 months and monitored. After the two months I was ordered a RAI scan of my thyroid. This revealed nothing abnormal.

I still felt like crap. Nothing really changed. However my final bloodwork with the Endocrinologist showed that the thyroid problem was over.

Then the medical bills started coming in. My "insurance" was not goign to cover the RAI scan, nor my emergency room visits. So I stopped getting medical help.

Either I got used to how crappy I felt or there was some improvement but I didn't feel as crappy as I was when this whole ordeal started. However I was nowhere near improved. Muscle pain/stiffness and headaches came and went, I got drowsy easily, and I was consistently hungry, specifically craving breads. I also started developing gastric problems, diarrhea and alternating constipation, frequent BM, abdominal pain, usually relieved when I went to the bathroom, and gas. I was also urinating a lot. I was also loosing focus.

I did not see a doctor for another year and a half. In fear of more insane medical bills. I had anxiety attacks throughout the year and a half, but not too major.

After a while I decided I should get back to seeing a doctor, so I made an appointment with the my more recent doc. Again, did some bloodwork, ordered an abdominal sonogram. Said I should loose about 10 lbs.

The results this time: Mildy elevated cholesterol and still a very small amount of microscopichematouria. Everything else was fine. Nothing abnormal in the sonogram. No more arythmia either. However the doc seemed disinterested in hearing about my symptoms. And just said don't worry whatever it is it will pass.

Scheduled a visit with a urologist, and so far he's found nothing I had an abdominal CT scan and I need to get the results, as soon as the Ur. makes himself available again.

Nothing has changed and it feels as if my symptoms are getting worse.
I have no Idea what could be the problem. I have made an appointment with a new doctor for Monday and hopefully they might give me some answers. I am slightly scared and tired of living a half life.

I will list all symptoms here if anyone can help:
Male 32

Widespread muscle pain and stiffness, especially in the arms and neck (Cold aggravates this pain)
Tension headaches
Fatigue
Anxiety
Tingling fingers
Drowsiness
Excessive hunger
Eye pain on right side
Dizziness
Lightheadedness
Abdominal cramps
Bloating
gas
diarrhea and constipation
Frequent BM
Frequent urination
Pelvic muscle pain
Sinus pain
Tingling tounge
Loss of concentration
Apathy
Depression
Insomnia
Severe allergies
Back pain
Metallic taste
Jaw clenching
Visual Disturbances
Nausea no vomiting
Tinnitus
Ear pressure

That is all I can think of. I am tired of googling symptom combinations. Any Ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: 3 years of misery help!

You need to find a place to do volunteer work helping others. This will take your mind off of your own miseries for a while, and your symptoms might fade away over time.

Sometimes when we have too much time on our hands, our mind travels inward and we notice things that we had not noticed before. I have been guilty of this myself at times.

Give the volunteer work a try and see what happens.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
(male)

nrefzen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty800 View Post
You need to find a place to do volunteer work helping others. This will take your mind off of your own miseries for a while, and your symptoms might fade away over time.

Sometimes when we have too much time on our hands, our mind travels inward and we notice things that we had not noticed before. I have been guilty of this myself at times.

Give the volunteer work a try and see what happens.
I don't think that is the case. I work for a major charity. I also occupy my spare time as an amateur magician. I try hard not to think about it, but when whatever this is flares up it is all I can think about.

I tried to convince myslef it was stress but even at my most calmest and when my mind was proocupied with everything else that made me feel good, I still felt sick.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #4
(female)

flo scott HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrefzen View Post
I am slowly loosing my mind here!

This all started about 3 years ago with a trip to the emergency room after feeling some chest pain and pressure. After 1 chest xray which actually yeilded nothing,and 3 hours I was diagnosed with possible bronchitis due to a severe cough I had the week before. So I was put on Biaxcin and sent home. After the course of medication, I thought I should be fine, but no. I was tired and in pain, and I kept having anxiety attacks, so I made an appointment with a doctor. Now keep in mind I had the worst health insurance at the time, which almost seemed like a scam rather than insurance. The in network providers were few and far between. Also this was the first time I have been to a doctor in about 10 years. Being in college and not having a job with insurance is responsible for that.

Anyway, After explaining what I felt and symptoms:
Fatigue
Muscle Pain
Dizziness
Red spots on my hips
Anxiety

I was given the following Diagnosis
Hypertension 140/80 which he wanted to put me on Medication for.
And he said the red stops on my hips, whcih did not hurt or itch or anything were shingles. The blood tests didn't even pointy to any kind of infection.

I didn't buy it, 140/80 Hypertension, keeping in mind I was a wreck from anxiety. AND SHINGLES???? REALLY???

After discussing with a few people whom have dealt with both conditions I decided to find a new doctor.

But before I could do that, once again with the chest pains and another trip to the emergency room. This time Chest xrays, blood tests, and an abdominal sonogram. All of which revealed nothing. Sent home no dx no rx.

So I made an appointment with the new doc, describbing symptoms, and was administered a metabolic panel, cbc with differential, TSH and t3 and t4, urinalisis, and an ekg.

This time the DX was :
Spots were stretch marks from gaining weight. And he laughed at the idea that this was shingles.
It was also found that my TSH was slightly low, indicating an overactive thyroid. However my t4 and t3 levels were at normal range.
Also he noted microscopic hemoturia in my urinalisis. the lowest amount to be considered abnormal.
He also diagnosed me with Scoliosis. but not overly pronounced.
He said my blood pressure was fine and my blood sugar was fine.
But he also noticed an Arythmia.

Next up was a trip to the endocrinologist
After somemore bloodwork I was told I had hyperthyroidism due to an inflammed thyroid, was placed on methimazole for 2 months and monitored. After the two months I was ordered a RAI scan of my thyroid. This revealed nothing abnormal.

I still felt like crap. Nothing really changed. However my final bloodwork with the Endocrinologist showed that the thyroid problem was over.

Then the medical bills started coming in. My "insurance" was not goign to cover the RAI scan, nor my emergency room visits. So I stopped getting medical help.

Either I got used to how crappy I felt or there was some improvement but I didn't feel as crappy as I was when this whole ordeal started. However I was nowhere near improved. Muscle pain/stiffness and headaches came and went, I got drowsy easily, and I was consistently hungry, specifically craving breads. I also started developing gastric problems, diarrhea and alternating constipation, frequent BM, abdominal pain, usually relieved when I went to the bathroom, and gas. I was also urinating a lot. I was also loosing focus.

I did not see a doctor for another year and a half. In fear of more insane medical bills. I had anxiety attacks throughout the year and a half, but not too major.

After a while I decided I should get back to seeing a doctor, so I made an appointment with the my more recent doc. Again, did some bloodwork, ordered an abdominal sonogram. Said I should loose about 10 lbs.

The results this time: Mildy elevated cholesterol and still a very small amount of microscopichematouria. Everything else was fine. Nothing abnormal in the sonogram. No more arythmia either. However the doc seemed disinterested in hearing about my symptoms. And just said don't worry whatever it is it will pass.

Scheduled a visit with a urologist, and so far he's found nothing I had an abdominal CT scan and I need to get the results, as soon as the Ur. makes himself available again.

Nothing has changed and it feels as if my symptoms are getting worse.
I have no Idea what could be the problem. I have made an appointment with a new doctor for Monday and hopefully they might give me some answers. I am slightly scared and tired of living a half life.

I will list all symptoms here if anyone can help:
Male 32

Widespread muscle pain and stiffness, especially in the arms and neck (Cold aggravates this pain)
Tension headaches
Fatigue
Anxiety
Tingling fingers
Drowsiness
Excessive hunger
Eye pain on right side
Dizziness
Lightheadedness
Abdominal cramps
Bloating
gas
diarrhea and constipation
Frequent BM
Frequent urination
Pelvic muscle pain
Sinus pain
Tingling tounge
Loss of concentration
Apathy
Depression
Insomnia
Severe allergies
Back pain
Metallic taste
Jaw clenching
Visual Disturbances
Nausea no vomiting
Tinnitus
Ear pressure

That is all I can think of. I am tired of googling symptom combinations. Any Ideas?

Old 11-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #5
(male)

nrefzen HB User

Did I miss something?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

have they actually tested your kidneys to see if everything is okay there?having even micro blood in your urine is not usually a normal finding and would have a cause to be there.how about your blood sugars?how have they been?has anyone done any scans on your spinal area,specifically the c spine just to see what may be up in there?even your brain at this point should probably be looked into just to make certain everything is also okay there.you just have such a wide array of symptoms that could indicate many possible reasons,or even a few seperate conditions that just 'appear' to all be one specific type of condition,you know what i mean?just because you have alot of different symptoms show up at the same time doesn't always mean that they are all related to each other.believe me, i know that one from my own experiences.unfortunetly diagnosing any real conditions can be a very long process of just plain old testing and ruling out specific things.hopefully you will find out something more specific with the CT results.at least it would help.there are just so many possible things that could cause what you are experiencing that i wouldn;t rule out any specific area as far as a possible culprit at this point.just test and move on til something finally shows itself.sorry i couldn't be of more help here.i do wish you luck and hope they can pin down what the main issues are stemming from.please keep us posted,K? FB

Closed Thread