It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User
finger injury

I slipped on some ice this morning and fell down a couple of brick stairs. Besides the bruising on my spine from falling on the edge of a stair, which I was the most worried about at first, I seem to have injured my pinky finger. I think I tried to catch myself with my right hand, and it looks like my finger might have overextended sideways. Immediately, I had a swollen, blue bruise on the inside side of the second joint of my finger. I couldn't bend it all the way because of the swelling. Now, about 4 hours later, I can bend my finger all the way, and the bruise isn't as dark as it was when it first happened, but there's still a bump on the side of my finger. The bruise is still bluish green, and the edge of one side of the bruise is brownish. It's very sore when I write or type, and there's a dull ache extending from my finger, down the middle of my palm into my wrist.
Is it possible that I may have sprained it? Should I have it checked, or should I just put ice on it?

Also, I'm worried about my back. It doesn't look bruised too bad, but it is very sore when I sit in a chair. It doesn't hurt so bad when I'm standing up and walking around.

Any advice?
Thanks!

Closed Thread