It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 06:04 AM   #1
(female)

deljo HB User
Question constant music in my head?

Does anyone else have this problem? I have constant music playing in my head. Its like a sound track, right now its Xmas music, over and over. Sometimes other music like any songs I've ever heard. It seems to be prevalent this time of year. Maybe its from all the music in stores. But I have no control over this. I try to stop my brain from playing music but can't do it. I should mention that I have no diagnosed mental illnesses. This is driving me crazy. Please advise.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User
Re: constant music in my head?

I have major depression and PTSD. The only time this would happen to me was when I was detoxing in the hospital (mental). Not sure if it was the meds or it was the detox. I totally heard songs I never new the words to. Or songs I new the words to. I also couldn't make it stop. It would happen especially in the shower. Sometimes I think that anti-psychotic drugs have this effect ( I am no longer on them). Or maybe it can be anxiety...like at night sometimes I can't stop thinking, my mind doesn't always slow down enough to sleep (not like mania though). Does any of this seem relevant to you?
Bella
PS: It would totally sound like a radio or "sound track" like you said. It wasn't like me singing in my own head.

Last edited by tattoogirl; 12-05-2007 at 07:52 AM. Reason: added PS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #3
(female)

deljo HB User

Thanks for the info. I don't think any of your explanations would fit me. I'm not on any anxiety or antidepressants. Just meds for lupus and a heart condition. Right now I'm hearing the Battle Hymn of the Republic. I will say this is entertaining. By the way, I'm at work and the work doesn't interfer with the music. However when I watch TV the music stops. Must be an overactive brain.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User

I thought this happened to everyone. I wake up in the morning sometimes with the most random songs in my head. Sometimes songs I haven't heard in months or years. I know the same thing happens to the rest of my family, because my mom or my dad or someone will start humming something and then say "Arg! Why won't this song get out of my head?"!
So I always thought it was normal.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #5
(female)

deljo HB User

Thanks, I agree, I feel its normal and there is nothing wrong with us.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #6
(male)

coolied HB User

it's normal........... that's why people always say "Great, now i'll have that stupid song stuck in my head all day" when they hear a particularly catchy tune that they dislike..............

Closed Thread