It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
(male)

ickypaws HB User
Strange feeling, probably my fault.

I posted this previously on another health forum with the hopes that maybe there was someone with enough medical knowledge to come up with perhaps the slightest explanation for what might be going on with my body besides, "Well, it's your drinking" - but to no avail. I'm quite aware that it must be my drinking that caused this, but WHY/HOW? So, in failure, instead of going to a doctor, seeing as I've no insurance and am poor as hell, my only hope is another forum. Here goes.

I'm twenty. I've been drinking heavily for about a year, but was no stranger to alcohol for the past 4. About 4 weeks ago I downed a six pack of stale miller lite for reasons that don't need to be explained. The point is, it happened. As I drank the stuff (which had been sitting in a fridge for 2 weeks, apparently) I noted that with each gulp I'd get a strange, weighty, vibrating feeling in my stomach. It was, however, painless and I ignored it. Now, I did not post this in the addiction/dependency/whatever section because I do not feel at this juncture in my life that I have any personal issue with my lifestyle, I am pretty much dead on the inside and have no problem admitting that I am a textbook alcoholic - ie. I feel depressed/mildly sick if I do not drink at least every other night. And so my drinking habit continued as normal, despite the fact that since that night, no matter what I drank, be it fresh beer or any sort of hard liquor, the strange weighty vibrating feeling that first occurred with that stale beer came with every gulp I took.

Eventually I decided I should take a break from drinking because of the feeling, I stopped for about 4 days (some willpower I've got, huh?), and the feeling went away. When I started drinking again on the night of the fourth day the feeling did not happen as I drank my beer. And ever since then it has not happened while I'm drinking but rather it just happens randomly through every day that I don't drink.

The most accurate description I can give of the feeling is it's as if there is a cellphone in my stomach that is set to vibrate, and about 15 to 20 times a day someone sends it a text message. It has remained painless throughout, but it always throws me off because it usually happens when I move my torso a lot or when I'm lifting something. It's really nerveracking, and despite the painlessness I'm sure that it can't be good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2008, 04:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Strange feeling, probably my fault.

wow,now thats a new one.i have never heard of THAT particular reaction to drinking any type of alcohol.just so you know,beer will not become "stale' just sitting in a fridge unopened for two weeks or even a month.its just the way alcohol is,really.the only thing i can possibly think of here is that you could possibly be reacting to what the beer is actually made out of?there are certain types of grains that some people can just react to if they have some types of sensitivitys to it?kind of like a level of allergic type of reaction?if i remember right,people who have like celiac disease can react to the grains in alcohol but i cannot for the life of me remember what particular 'grain" that actually is.

does this ever actually happen with any other type of alcohol or just beer?what is actually IN the beer itself would be the most likely culprit that could effect the stomach/GI tract in some way.i would try looking up info on alcohol intolerance or something along those lines and see what you come up with.sorry i couldn't be of more help to you.please let me know just what you actually find out,ireally would like to know just what could be causing this too.good luck, FB

Closed Thread