It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
(female)

ohiolady HB User
Flu virus lifespan on money. Can other conditions do the same?

I recently read about a study done in Switzerland in which they found that in the right conditions the flu virus can survive more than two weeks. That is when the virus mixed with mucus on the money. Though in most cases the virus only survives for a few hours. I was wondering though can other health conditions be passed through money. Can skin problems such as chicken pox be spread this way? I know that in most cases with the flu virus because of the strength of people's immune system and such it doesn't affect most people. This is more of something that I was wondering. I have talked to other people about this study. My friend even brought up the point of transmission of other conditions because careers such as some in the adult industry involve money with contact to certain regions of the body.

Has anyone heard about other studies involving transmission through money? Or even what are other people's opinions?

Old 01-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Flu virus lifespan on money. Can other conditions do the same?

Flu is probably the easiest disease to spread, even easier than colds. Most other viruses aren't nearly so durable outside the body.

Still, when I was a little girl, my mama told me to wash my hands after handling money. Sounds like a good idea.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread