It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
(female)

blue_eyed_angel HB User
Question Possible foreign object in lung?

Anyone ever heard anything about anyone having a foreign object stuck in their lungs? Does this sound possible?

Over the last year I have had pains in my back, ribs and chest. They are pains that are in different areas at different times on a daily basis, they hurt and the doctors cant figure out what is wrong. My doctor thought possible arthritis from having had parvovirus-nope, not that. They have no explanation. Tonite I had a thought about an incident in my past. Does anyone think this sounds like it could be the possible explanation for my problem...

I had a thought tonite that hasnt crossed my mind in years. I've been thinking about the pain in my back, that last year I originally thought was my lungs. One year later the doctors still dont know what is causing my pain. I have had chest & back xrays, ultra sounds of my organs and other lab work was done. Everything keeps coming back normal, however last Friday when I went to a different doctor he had my xray reports faxed to him from the hospital and told me that the report said there was possible scar tissue on my left lung. That was a shock to me since my doctors office called me and told me my xrays came back normal. So when I heard that I have possible scarring I thought about the drugs I did when I was a teenager and figured it was probably from that.. idk...

Long story short the doc prescribed me some pain pills and muscle relaxers and said if those dont help me in 30 days that he recommends that I have a CT of my lungs done. He said that he doubted there was anything seriously wrong with me since I seemed to be healthy and my lab work all came back good. He said if it was something like cancer or blood clots in my lungs I would likely be in very bad shape after a years time.

Then tonite I was watching 'Mystery Diagnosis' on Discovery Health and they were talking about the inhalation of forign objects into the lungs.

Back in 2000 I was a Senior in high school (during my high school years was when I did all my drugs) and I smoked pot with my boyfriend of a year on almost a daily basis. He had a glass pipe and he had put the screen in the back end of the pipe instead of the bowl where the screens are normally put.
Well when I took a hit that one time and inhaled it straight down, I swore I inhaled the screen. I dont remember choking, I coughed a little and was mad at my boyfriend for putting the screen there since I was so sure that I had inhaled it. I also remember being scared. And if I didnt inhale the screen I dont know where else it wouldve gone, I remember at the exact moment I was more sure than ever that I had inhaled it.

What if that is my problem after all this time is that the screen from that pipe stuck in my lung? Is that really possible? Wouldnt that have shown up on the xray? Maybe that is the spot that is showing up like possible scar tissue. The doctors do say that they have no idea what could be causeing my pain.. 2 different doctors with no idea of what can be wrong with me.

And there was one time back in 2001 when I went to the doctor for similar pain which they never did figure out, but the pain was a lot milder back then and I only felt it every now and then. Now I feel the pain every day, and have had it on a daily basis for a year now . It is scary. It is migratory (affects different areas at different times) pain in my back, ribs and chest. The doctor said that if there was something wrong with my lungs it could cause me to feel pain in my rib cage, & that could be deteremend thru the CT of the lungs.

This makes me scared, yet makes me feel like I may have found the issue behind my medical mystery.

I know that it was stupid of me to even have put myself in that position when I was younger and do that stupid stuff, I have a lot of regrets in my past, and have changed my life... but is it possible that my past is catching up with me? I just need to figure out what is causing me this pain.

And even if say the screen is stuck in my lung, how does that explain the pain on both the right and the left sides? Is this even possible??

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2008, 06:00 AM   #2
(female)

Pat007 HB User
Re: Possible foreign object in lung?

Hi,

A foreign object should up in a normal x-ray.
If you see our Dr. for a followup, share the information about the "screen", with him. He can probably put your fears to rest regarding the foreign object.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:52 AM   #3
(female)

blue_eyed_angel HB User

Thanks for the reply. My xray did show up an area of scar tissue.. So I dont know how likely this is, but its the only thing I can think of that makes since, since none of my symptoms make any sense to the doctors... I dont know, I am just ready to move on with my life and get behind the cause of the pain as it really does impact my daily life. So I do plan on sharing this bit with my doctor when I have my follow up appointment, I am affraid he will think badly of my or think that I am nuts.. but I just need to get this taken care of... Thanks again for the reply.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:16 AM   #4
(female)

Pat007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyed_angel View Post
Thanks for the reply. My xray did show up an area of scar tissue.. So I dont know how likely this is, but its the only thing I can think of that makes since, since none of my symptoms make any sense to the doctors... I dont know, I am just ready to move on with my life and get behind the cause of the pain as it really does impact my daily life. So I do plan on sharing this bit with my doctor when I have my follow up appointment, I am affraid he will think badly of my or think that I am nuts.. but I just need to get this taken care of... Thanks again for the reply.

No, he won't think badly or think anything else. He will probably think highly of you telling and asking him about your true concerns.
Let us know!

Closed Thread