It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 11:32 PM   #1
(male)

wesley65 HB User
Question Sudden loss of use of hands and feet

My 86 year old grandmother woke up a week and a half ago and had suddenly lost the use of her hands and feet. She has been in the hospital since that time and 6 doctors have found nothing wrong with her and have no explanation for her condition. She is not in any pain and has no other symptoms. She was told a few week before that she had gallstones and had some pain from that along with loss of appetite. They sent her back home and said they wanted her system to clear of some of the drugs she was on before the did surgery for the gallstones. At that point they were not sure if it was worth doing the surgury or not I suppose due to her age, or they thought they may pass naturally. At that point and time she was physically fine with normal use of her hands and feet.

Other history of note is that her late husban accidently backed into her with his truck and pinched her between his back bumber and the rear of her own car. She sufferend some pelvic damage and brusing, but nothing serious, but she did complain at that time of tingling in her hands and feet.

At this time her doctors do not have a diagnosis so they are taking her out of the hospital and sending her to a nursing home/rehab center to see if they can rehab her for a month to see if this is a temporary or perminent condition.

Any advise or knowlege about what might have caused this condition would be greatly appreciated. If you have any further question or need clarification please let me know.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread