It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
(male)

Bocks HB User
Thumbs down Left side chest pain and nausea amongst other symptoms...

About a year ago I saw my doctor about pain in the left side of my chest. He told me that "21 year old's don't get heart problems" and that it was probably a musculoskeletal problem and I was prescribed some drugs for it which didn't do anything. Returning to the doctors, he does the usual thing and says not to worry about it. My current situation now is that I am having pains again. Infrequent sharp pains in the left side of my chest accompanied by nausea and tiredness. My breathing almost always feels laboured and I am experiencing bizarre throbbings down my throat and through my central chest like a swallowing sensation but sort of empty. I'm currently waiting for surgery for an infection in my coccyx too, though I don't expect this is related. Does anyone have a better idea what's wrong with me than my GP? I'm getting pretty sick of feeling ill 24 hours a day every day.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
(female)

Dzesn HB User
Re: Left side chest pain and nausea amongst other symptoms...

I would try keeping track of your symptoms and when they happen through out the day in some kind of journal. Do some research to see some other possibilities, maybe compare symptoms and make sure to write down anything that might strike a cord then go back to your doctor with the information you have and see if there are any other tests that can be ran. I would maybe consider Reflux but I am not a doctor and can't say that confidently.

If you have to you might even want to switch doctors. But also, some medication just may not work for you and you may have needed to try a different medication.

I hope you get more answers. Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2008, 05:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Left side chest pain and nausea amongst other symptoms...

Hi, you are on the other thread too where acid reflux was given as a possibility.

Closed Thread