It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
(male)

shadowdragon85 HB User
Red face Genitic or Just a Muscule issue-twisted

Ok a little history first. I was born with my Tibula/fibula haveing a 1/4 inch twist (like the rotini pasta) they casted my legs for a long time. The bones in my feet curled so that i looked like i had club feet. My mother was told it was genetic and my dad said he remembers a story about a young family member who had the disease and latter died of either complications or a flu. the doctor's idea of the casts corrected the incorrect postiton of my feet( toes pointing in together). Later i wore boots that had a bar on the bottom of them and I wore the shoes on the opposite feet. I was sent to Shriner's hospital in Spokane, WA for a possible pollio (sp?) diagnosis which was said to be false. The shriner's visit was due to my inability to walk correctly(heal then toes) I walked only on my front ball of the foot. I am now 22 and I have started to notice that my feet are starting to turn outward and my knees don't line up to my feet at all and my right hip will disconnect from the leg if i turn or stand in just a way. I don't know if i have a genetic disorder or if my muscles caused the twist in my legs. I am seeking to find out weather it is genetic or not and weather it can become active again. I have heard about Morphia but all i find is a skin disorder.... I really am not looking forward to not being able to walk or having to get my legs broken and realigned. sometimes my legs will have small spasms/twitching. i have had no luck what so ever and I am still hunting. Any clues would be wonderful!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User
Re: Genitic or Just a Muscule issue-twisted

I don't know if this will be much helpful, but I'll share my experience.
My knees kind of face each other, my legs are a bit bowed, and my feet face straight ahead. So my knees and my feet are not lined up with each other. When I was younger and more active, I had a lot of trouble with pain in my knees (still do if I go hiking once in a while or walk long distances- like more than a couple miles). My pediatrician at the time had asked if I could sit on the floor in kind of the opposite of indian style- with my legs outward (i don't know how well I'm explaining this). I sat that way often, and demonstrated it to her, and she said that that showed that my legs were situated in my hips the wrong way, and that was the reason for my knee pain. My brother has this same problem, so I think it's hereditary.
So it's similar to your problem in that my knees face a different direction from my feet, and my legs aren't in my hips the correct way...

Old 03-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
(male)

shadowdragon85 HB User
Smile Re: Genitic or Just a Muscule issue-twisted

That is helpful...i am going to the doctor on Thursday to see what she can decipher... my right leg doesn't necessarily seat correctly in my hip so that could very well be the case! I will Post an update as soon as i find something out!

Again thank you so much for your input!

Closed Thread