It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2008, 05:08 AM   #1
(male)

Dan1987 HB User
Feeling weird like im dizzy and stoned everyday

Hello my name is Daniel im a 20 year old male and i was just hoping that i could get some awnsers to what may be wrong with me about 2 weeks ago i was walking with a friend in a buisy shopping centre when all of a sudden out of no where i started to feel realy weird i felt really dizzy and my head was spinning i felt like i had taken a drug and it had just kicked in this then brang on anxiety because i didnt know what was happning to me it was really bad because there were alot of people around and that made it worse so i had to go lay down in the car and i felt a little better but it was still there this continued all day i thought a good nights sleep would maybe help but i woke up in the morning still feeling weird and kinda dizzy like i was stoned after about a week of this i had enough and went to the hospital i told them all my symptoms they took urine samples and did a blood test checked my blood pressure and i also had a cat scan done everything came back normal although i did have a large build up of wax in both ears but they fixed this and i still feel the same the doctor at the hospital wrote a letter to my gp and had me go and see him in a couple of days which i did i told him what was going on and he asked me how i had been feeling since i last seen him 2 weeks prior to all this happning i had to go and see my gp about been depressed as i was very down and not eating becuase my gf had just recently broke up with me but i was getting better and eating again and starting to get back on with life then this happened out of the blue all my dr done was prescribe me some anxiety medication called effexor-XR ive been on this for a few days now but this weird stoned feeling hasnt stopped i hate waking up in the morning knowing that its there i cant do anyhting anymore i dont even like going outside because of it and i cant go out with my mates like i youst to and i find it hard to drive a car all i do is lay in bed or sit on the computer trying to find out what is wrong with me i cant go on living my life like this i just want it to go away ive been like this for 16 days straight i have it 24 7 and its really ruining my life i would do anything to go back to feeling normal please can anyone help me

Regards Dan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2008, 06:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User
Re: Feeling weird like im dizzy and stoned everyday

Sounds like a panic attack. These attacks can sneak up on you for no reason and at any time. Do some reading regarding panic attacks and see if you fit with some of the other symptoms. Panic attacks mimic other illnesses but since you said you are depressed, I'm bet that is what is was. Maybe some medication from your GP will help for now. Good Luck Linda

Old 04-16-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

I agree with Linda that it sounds like anxiety. You panicked when it first happened and now you over react to everything. It's happened to me and you just have to try to relax. One other possiblility might be an inner ear virus. I had that one time quite a while ago and I was so dizzy I felt I couldn't even walk straight. The only thing the Dr. could give me was motion sickness meds . You've had the tests done and checked out ok. Try not to worry; it just makes it worse.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

Sounds to me like a inner ear infection or fluid in your ears..

Old 04-17-2008, 09:00 AM   #5
(female)

darlamarie HB User

I get that way too, especially when the barometric pressure or humidity level changes. I mentioned it to my doctors, but they thought nothing of it.

Do you think it could be from side effects of the meds you are taking?

I can relate--being in this kind of "brain fog" makes it difficult to function on a day-to day basis.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #6
(female)

darlamarie HB User

I wish I could help you but I feel the same way--its as if the treatment is worse than the illness itself and no one seems to understand how you feel. I get zoned out too and feel like all I want to do is research on the Net for some kind of cure or treatment that will work without having to try so many that don't. I can't tell you how many doctors I have been too, all with difffering diagnosis. The meds help for awhile and then quit working. I believe its anxiety too and I pray a lot. Wish I could be of more help but am still trying to get answers myself. Maybe try a different antidepressant? I hear a lot of good stuff about Cymbalta and am going to ask my neurologist about it at my next appt. Hang in there and chat me back. darlamarie

Old 04-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

I know that feeling but it really sounds like an inner ear infection. Too bad they don't try you on a 2week course of antibiotic. Ask doctor to prescribe Antivert if they haven't already it will help with that dizziness. Perhaps you can get Antivert over the counter in your country...ask the pharmacy what you can buy to help with dizziness. Good luck.

Closed Thread