It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
(male)

myne HB User
Exclamation Heart rate 224 after 1 1/2 mile treadmill run

I'm almost 30 and not in bad shape just out of shape. I'm 5'8" 163lbs. I've been trying to get back in shape and have started alternating running on a track and running on a treadmill for 1 1/2 miles on both. The other day i while running on the treadmill i decided to check my heart rate with the machine. As soon as i took my last step before the cool down i put my hands on the rails to check my bpm. it registered at 224!! i know how to figure the average bpm i should have so my question is, "is this dangerous and should i be concerned??". i'm now curious as to how long i kept up the 224 and if there was a point where it was even higher? any suggestions??

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Insane Heart rate.. johngray Heart Disorders 7 10-24-2009 02:27 AM
Excessive heart rate at low level exercise... motivatedvet Heart Disorders 4 06-23-2009 04:56 PM
Abnormally high heart rate when excercising 1fortcollins Heart Disorders 2 04-05-2006 08:56 AM
Heart Rate mohawk200x Exercise & Fitness 4 05-26-2005 09:53 AM
training by your heart rate verse calories burned bluehen94 Exercise & Fitness 12 02-08-2005 07:23 AM