It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
(male)

cal1993 HB User
Unhappy Appendix Pain

Hi, I'm 14.

I've been feeling quite ill all day with a constant sharp and throbbing pain in my abdomen, for a short time in the centre now on the lower right side, but when it hurts my leg is also really sure. I'm not sure what's wrong. I've done some reserach and I feel like I'm starting to feel sick and get a headache. Is appendicitus cos I'm not sure?! Any advice welcome!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User
Re: Appendix Pain

I would get to the doctor ASAP, just in case it is your appendix, because that can be really dangerous. It wouldn't hurt to go to the doctor (or the ER) just to make sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
(male)

cal1993 HB User

I've asked my mum to but she just said see how it feels, I don;t have all the other syptoms although I have a stomach bug also. Dizzy spells recently.

Is it also normal for the pain to radiate down your right leg?!

Last edited by cal1993; 05-05-2008 at 01:23 PM.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Generally appendicitis pain is pretty bad, from what I've heard. One sign is this: If you gently press on the part that hurts, it feels tender when you press in, but hurts more when you let go.

If the stomachache is really unusually bad, do something. If the pain just keeps getting worse, do something. Otherwise, relax and drink water.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
(male)

hermes370 HB User

cal1993

This wouldn't be an unheard story for an appendicitis ... odds are it's likely some gastritis/gastroenteritis/enteritis combo. It couldn't hurt to get checked out ... if it were my kid and the symptoms were gettin' worse, I would ... janewhite1 is describing the peritoneal sign, which in reality means that if you have an appendicitis, the inflammation of your appendix can affect the nearby peritoneal(aka abdominal wall lining) and create the pain phenomenon she/he described ... what is also concerning, is that the appendix sits(for most people) on top of the right psoas muscle(which is a big muscle in your back(approximately), but if you have and appendicitis, you can get inflammation of that muscle which can radiated to the R leg although more often the pain is felt in your back

but like others said, if your pain continues to worsen, I would get it checked out, just know that there are cases of appendicitis where when the appendix ruptures, the pain goes away and patients feel better for a short time before getting really sick ...

heck, you could even have epiploic appendagitis ... what is it ... you don't really need to know, if you want, you can look it up online ... but it requires little intervention and would be better than having an appendicitis

Closed Thread