It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
(female)

newsie2000 HB User
Onion Body Odor

I suffered from and am still suffering from intermittant onion body odor for about 2 years now. I have recently realized that it is compounded by eating onions and garlic. The remedy I have found to help most is to wash first with deodorant soap as I would normally in the shower or bath, then to wash my pits and other "key areas" with tea tree soap then using roll-on deodorant after drying off. This keeps the odor away most of the day, even on hot days. The tea tree soap seems to be the best at helping keep the odor away and the roll-on deodorant seems to help better than other types of dodorant. My diet or weight have not changed, I bathe daily and am not on any medications. I have never had B.O. in the past, even after working out. If anyone has a permanent "fix" to this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
(male)

hermes370 HB User
Re: Onion Body Odor

unfortunately, the permanent fix is avoiding the culprit foods

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
(female)

newsie2000 HB User

Thanks, I was hoping that wouldn't be the answer as onions and garlic are in almost everything. Do you (or anyone) have any cluse as to why is it it only started to occur in the last couple of years?

Old 05-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User

are you a man or a woman?

I think changes in hormones in women can cause different reactions to everyday foods. Especially after age 50 for men AND women.

Garlic has got to be the worst food for odor...but is easily avoidable. I know many people take Garlique (sp?) as a health supplement, I am not sure why. Do not do this is if you are susceptible to smelling like garlic. I investigated eating powdered garlic on food at one time and realized that I would constantly have bad breath, and skin that emitted that odor. It was not worth it to me.

also, eating onions each day is considered quite healthy except for the person who it makes smell oniony. so that's out...

On the other hand, You should investigate this further. the absence of Some common vitamins and lack of certain minerals or enzymes can cause odd body odors. And all you need to do is start up with the vitamins, minerals and enzyme formulas... And then you can go back to having onions and garlic occasionally.

good luck!! Investigate though, really. It might be hormones.

Last edited by golfhat; 05-18-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #5
(female)

newsie2000 HB User
Wink Re: Onion Body Odor

Hi all!! I am replying to my own post with good news. I always drank lots of water I mean A LOT like 1 to 1 1/2 gallons per day, I always had a bottle with me like "my blankie" or something! Then I had some other things going on with digestion and so forth and my doctor suggested drinking less water. Well in time I realized I was drinking only about 1 quart per day. So every time from then on when I wanted a sip of water I drank 4 sips and it was gone almost overnight (about 1 1/2 days total). Now I am back to drinking only what I desire but I am up to about 2 1/2 to 3 quarts per day (although now that it is summertime I will probably be drinking even more). Yeah!!

Closed Thread