It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
(male)

confuzed555 HB User
Question Why Isn't My Klonopin Showing Up In Urine?

I take Klonopin for anxiety/ PTSD. I have regular urine/ blood tests as they are required with any controlled substance. My most recent labs came back, and my doctor phoned me to let me know that they didn't show any trace of Klonopin in my system. I take my medication as prescribed and have done so for 7 years. After getting the test results, my doctor refused to refill my prescription and suggested that I find another provider. He insinuated that I was either selling my medication or provided a false urine sample. I was quite taken back and tried to assure him that this was simply not true. I didn't even know that people sell this stuff, and I certainly wouldn't know how nor want to sell my medication. I was a bit worried that perhaps my body is processing the medication strangely, but he shrugged off my concern and implied that I was lying. I have always been 100% honest with him and have given him no reason to doubt my sincerity. I don't use illicit drugs, I don't smoke, I have a glass of red wine perhaps 2-3 times a year, but that's it. Long story short, is there any reason that my medication isn't showing up in my urine sample other than the insulting accusation by my doctor? I'm at a loss, and apparently it's a matter of my urine's word versus mine. Could the lab have run the wrong test? Thanks for your help.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Why Isn't My Klonopin Showing Up In Urine?

I would ask for another test, maybe a blood test.

The tests are good, but 99% accurate still hurts if you're the other 1%. Also, there could have been a lab mixup or something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User

doesn't the doc know that you must wean off of Klonopin? Do you have more to do that? My son is on it and gets twitches when he forgets to get a refill. He's been on it for quite a few years for anxiety. I have heard that you could have a seizure from quitting too quickly.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #4
(female)

terrycyb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by confuzed555 View Post
I take Klonopin for anxiety/ PTSD. I have regular urine/ blood tests as they are required with any controlled substance. My most recent labs came back, and my doctor phoned me to let me know that they didn't show any trace of Klonopin in my system. I take my medication as prescribed and have done so for 7 years. After getting the test results, my doctor refused to refill my prescription and suggested that I find another provider. He insinuated that I was either selling my medication or provided a false urine sample. I was quite taken back and tried to assure him that this was simply not true. I didn't even know that people sell this stuff, and I certainly wouldn't know how nor want to sell my medication. I was a bit worried that perhaps my body is processing the medication strangely, but he shrugged off my concern and implied that I was lying. I have always been 100% honest with him and have given him no reason to doubt my sincerity. I don't use illicit drugs, I don't smoke, I have a glass of red wine perhaps 2-3 times a year, but that's it. Long story short, is there any reason that my medication isn't showing up in my urine sample other than the insulting accusation by my doctor? I'm at a loss, and apparently it's a matter of my urine's word versus mine. Could the lab have run the wrong test? Thanks for your help.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #5
(female)

terrycyb HB User

klonopin my question is by you takink the test for klonopin, does it specfeclley a drug test? i mean for a doctoer to lokk for druds , is it a differt test then your noemal ones?terry please re pley

Old 03-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #6
(female)

vdavies HB User

I think we should file a suit. I'm reading around online after what happened to me today, to see many stories like mine. I even saw a story of a man that was taken off Klonopin abruptly because of a UA, and had to withdraw cold turkey. That is negligence.

My UA's constantly do not detect Klonopin, a medication I've been taking for 10 years now because of severe anxiety. I just started seeing a new PCP and she did a UA on me this morning. My pain medication (chronic pain from a spinal injury) and the Klonopin both did not show up in the results. She basically accused me of not taking my medications and selling them.

I get .5 mg of Klonopin for anxiety now and 5 mg, 2 times per day of Percocet, for pain management. If I really wanted to "score" pills from a doctor to "deal" them, you'd think I would ask for more than that measly amount. The doses I take don't even manage my anxiety and pain well, but they help take a bit of the pain and anxiety away, while still allowing for me to function what I'd call a 50% normal kind of life.

They flagged me and only gave me 10 days worth of medication because of the UA results. I'm seriously considering contacting an attorney about this. I felt discriminated against and accused of being some kind of drug dealer. I'm a psychology major who volunteers at a homeless shelter for teens, and I'm starting grad school soon to earn my masters in social work.

I am not a drug dealer!

Closed Thread