It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
(male)

pilsbury63 HB User
Change in Health

Hi everyone,

I came to this website for some advice. Recently I have noticed that when I get some kind of "illness" it seems to stick around alot longer and is worse than it used to be. For example, I got a bug bite on my butt and decided to cover it with a bandaid to keep from aggitating it while I work or whatever else. Today I checked it because it is now 4 days after the bite and it still hurts. I found that it had popped and drained a little into the bandage but there was still a hard mass where the bite was. In the past a bug bite anywhere on me would come and go in a mere day.

My question is, is this normal? I am 28 years old. I have always had excellent health. Im in shape, 6' 4" 190lbs. The only significant medical history I have is that about 4 months ago I got a case of scabies from a patient at work. That is about the time I noticed that my "illnesses" seem to take longer to go away.

If anyone has any ideas on what might be going on or if you think it might just be my imagination please help.

Thanks

Chris

Old 06-23-2008, 05:13 AM   #2
(female)

jcjwillis HB User
Re: Change in Health

There are a number of reasons why illnesses can seem to last longer. It can be anything from getting older to having a weakened immune system.
If you have any other symptoms with the one you described or are overly concerned it would be a good idea to check with your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2008, 06:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
Re: Change in Health

I was thinking your immune system had a work out recently, you may need a supplement to help build it back up again. And of course if the bite looks infected get it checked out.

Closed Thread