It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
(male)

jasonco HB User
Unhappy I have this weird pain in my neck, can it be because of a pinched nerve?

I have been haveing this weird burning/ weak sensations on the back of my neck. It causes me to get bad head aches. Heres my story. When I was around 17 I hurt the back of my shoulder, to were when I twist it around it make a clunk noise. It didnt really bother me so I just ignored it.Now im 20 and just the other day it felt as if I slept on my bed wrong and a nerve from my should to my neck is pulling everytime I move my arm wrong which is causeing me a lot of discomfort. The weird thing is I have never had these weak pain in the back of my neck until I got off of a bunch of different anti acid pills, like nexium, and aciphex. By weak pains in my neck, I mean the back of my neck feals weak right around where my hair starts. Its really scareing me. So if anyone can help me and figure out what is wrong please help.. I have been to tons of doctors and they cant figure out what it is. So someone please help me. I forgot to add they did a brain scan and found nothing.

Last edited by jasonco; 07-10-2008 at 09:12 PM.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:28 AM   #2
(female)

jcjwillis HB User
Re: I have this weird pain in my neck, can it be because of a pinched nerve?

Sorry to hear about your neck problems. You say that the doctors have ran a bunch of tests on you. Have they ever done an EMG (this is a test to see if any nerves are pinching). I have had several pinched nerves in my neck and have had similar symptoms and this test has always found the problem for me.
Hope this helps and that you feel better soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to jcjwillis For This Useful Post:
Kaelyn10 (11-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2008, 07:07 AM   #3
(male)

jasonco HB User

What were the symptoms that you had, that were the same?

Old 07-12-2008, 06:35 AM   #4
(female)

jcjwillis HB User

I would get the sme feeling in my arm that you get and my hands would get tingley as well. I also had pain in my neck. I also got headaches.
You say that you had a shoulder injury I am wondering if this injury also effected your neck?
Have any doctors done any tests on your neck? If not it wuld be a good idea to check this area out maybe an emg study and or a MRI of the neck.

Closed Thread