It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2008, 02:19 AM   #1
(male)

Piercing3 HB User
Pain in upper left arm.

Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

I am a 21 year old male. I live a rather regular life-style, with the only physical pains that I can remember (with the exception of a few colds) in the past few years being back-pain that lasted a few days and eye-lid inflation.

I have a sort of dull pain in my upper left arm which I've been experiencing for 2 or 3 days now. (Bicep.) If I were to localize the pain, I would say exactly where someone would be given a shot, as well as some uncomfortable sensations in my elbow from time to time. The pain only happens when I lift or move my arm in certain ways... for example, lifting it straight up is not as painful as lifting it to grab something out of the refrigerator. It is not only lifting, but lowering my arm in a similar method induces the same pain. The worst of the pain is extending it sideways, where I feel I must drop my arm immediately. (Indeed, often, when I do, I feel some sort of clicking sensation.) Sometimes, after movement, I feel either warm or cold sensations in my palm and fingers, though that is likely due to the actions and not where the problem lies. (It is also a less noticeable symptom and may not warrant much attention.)

Rotating my arm fully is very difficult; say my arm is down and I am standing... if I were to lift my arm forward, completely extended, I'd feel pain here and there, but at the 270 degree point (facing back), I feel pain which seems to pursue me to totally drop my arm. If I am persuaded to complete the rotation, I feel a light burning sensation afterwards. The movement of my forearm (through my elbow joint) also induces the pain, though lightly.

I have experienced times when the pain was worse, and times when the pain was almost completely gone. When it is bad, my arm sometimes feels a sensation comparable to "growing pains" when still.

Nothing happened before the pain appeared which would explain in an obvious manner; I had spent a day working at the computer, played a computer game for an hour (I admit, energetically, but not unlike numerous occasions before), and went to bed for the night. (If any of you are interested in knowing, it was a little cold at night.) The pain was not present when I awoke but developed within the next 2 hours or so.

I am convinced that is it simply a muscle or tendon that is somehow out of order, and I have intentions of visiting the doctor's office if this pain persists. But I would be interested in learning more about my pain and similar pains before I do, so that I have subjects to bring up to satiate my curiosity.

Thank you!!

Sincerely,
Pierce

EDIT: I wish to add that I think the weight of my arm also has something to do with it. Supporting my bicep with my right-hand somewhat mothballs the pain.

Last edited by Piercing3; 07-14-2008 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Additional information.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2008, 03:42 AM   #2
(female)

littlegem37 HB User
Re: Pain in upper left arm.

Hi I think you have pulled a muscle and every now and then you trap your nerve in your arm, Take some antinflamoty tablets ibrfufen and try and rest it for a few days, It can take up too 6 months for a pulled muscle to be healed.

So be carefully not to over do it when your arm feels better, If the pain gets worse after a few more days contact a dr or hospital but rest should do it

take care

Closed Thread