It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2008, 01:44 AM   #1
(female)

tccl77 HB User
Itchy Burning Legs (Thighs), Painful When Scratched

My upper legs itch most of the time. It is worse at night or when I have tighter pants on. I have no rash, no bumps or any other sign that something is wrong. The itch feels like it's deep under the skin and it also feels like I have a slight burning feeling. When I scratch my legs it hurts. It is painful enough that I don't like scratching. It feels like the pain is deep in my muscles. I end up with bruises from scratching...this is only on my thighs. Can anyone give me some insight as to what might be wrong?

Old 07-19-2008, 02:26 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User
Re: Itchy Burning Legs (Thighs), Painful When Scratched

I have had a burning/itching/pins and needles type feeling in my right thigh for a few years now...it hurts to touch as well...my doctor said it was probably just my sciatic nerve and did nothing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

I'm wondering if it's an allergic reaction either to a drug you're taking or contact dermatitis? Are you taking narcotic pain pills? Antibiotics? I had the same reaction when I took sulfa drugs for a UTI. Have you switched laundry detergent, started using dryer sheets, or been using a new body lotion or bath soap? Any of these are possibilities. If not that, I can't even imagine unless it's something you're eating. Good luck discovering what it could possibly be!
Soibhan

Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi

I have nerve damage in my upper leg and it often feels like what you have described. An itching and burning deep inside and painful to the touch.

I also have a damaged disk in my neck and it causes the same sensations down my arm to my thumb.

It really sounds like a nerve issue... stemmimng from somewhere in the back.

Hope it feels better
reach

Closed Thread