HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Open to All Other Health Topics (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/open-all-other-health-topics/)
-   -   Dark Circles Under Eyes.......Any Surgeries? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/open-all-other-health-topics/618905-dark-circles-under-eyes-any-surgeries.html)

JrSmith 07-19-2008 05:37 AM

Dark Circles Under Eyes.......Any Surgeries?

Hey guys.

I have terrible Dark Circles Under my Eyes. I have tried everything to get rid of them. Creams, Allergy tablets, Nasal Sprays, Sudafed, Cucumber/Teabags under the eyes etc.

Nothing works! So I was wondering if there were any surgeries I could undergo to get rid of these Dark Circles? I live in Australia, and I assume most of you live in America so some of the surgeries may be different slightly. I would like to get a Laser Surgery done, I hear the laser surgery has the ability to kill the exposed veins under the skin and reduce the Dark Circles a lot. Or I am also considering Dermal Fillers, which can also resolve the problem I hear.

Has anybody got surgery for Dark Circles here before? Or does anybody know of the risks laser surgery and dermal fillers under the eyes can have? I am really looking forward to getting rid of these Dark Circles through surgery, but then again I really do not know much about what types of surgeries there are out there, but Laser sounds the best, safest and most effective.

I guess my one main question is, can Laser Surgery be used to get rid of Dark Circles Under the Eyes?

vic1 07-19-2008 02:57 PM

Re: Dark Circles Under Eyes.......Any Surgeries?

Hi,
I have dark circles under my eyes i got told by a lady who was doing my make up in a shop thats its your veins underneath.
Surgeries a bit ott i put make up underneath my eyes two coats and it covers them, its depends how bad yours is.
Victoria

JrSmith 07-19-2008 06:58 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Since I am a male, I am not to keen on wearing make up lol......

Mine are pretty bad, they are two big blue purple veins under each eye. I know there is laser surgery for things like varicose/spider veins on the face, and I guess Dark Circles are similar to those but I am not sure if they perform laser surgery on Dark Circles yet.

Soibhan 07-20-2008 09:00 PM

Dark circles are usually hereditary and allergy-related. I never thought about how difficult it must be for men with this problem. There are cover-ups for women. I have two suggestions: ask for help from a dermatologist about this, and if you get no satisfaction, go to a GOOD department store and see if they have men's products for this problem. YOu might be surprised. I hope you can get some help to make you feel better about yourself. It wouldn't bother me a bit to date a man with dark circles under his eyes, but if it makes you unhappy, you should do whatever you can to get rid of the problem. Good luck!!
Soibhan