It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
(male)

mutu1959 HB User
Internal Quivering (or shaking)

Well, I've read all the posts about people's innerds quivering (or shaking). These are pretty old posts and I was wondering where people are at with this because I too have these symptoms. I'm being checked out by the Drs (as I am writing this) and we are not quite through all of the tests. But, I can tell you what has happened so far:

I started having some twitching inside my head about six weeks ago (late May 08). It feels like my brain was starting a war with itself. Really odd feeling internally in my head. This progressed to the point of having morning tremors just as I was about to awaken --- only in the shoulders. At this point I informed the Dr and she ordered an MRI for me. The MRI has shown a cyst (probably congenital). We are doing more tests, but they definately DO NOT think that it is a tumor. It may be blocking the flow of CSF in the ventricles but this has not been determined as of yet. We haven't ruled NHP (Normal Hydrocephalus Pressure) as of yet either.

As you can imagine until the Cancer issue was out of the way I was pretty upset. But, it is out of the way and we are going forward with other things.

My Dr told me today that if something "WERE"! happening inside my brain that I wouldn't feel anything. Anything that I DO! feel is on the periphery and NOT! inside my head. Mind you, none of the shaking inside my head is painful in any way. I do feel pressure in my skull, however.

So onward:
The tremors have gone on since then and have mutated from nighttime ONLY! to both daytime and nighttime tremors. This started happening about three weeks ago. Now I am feeling them (the tremors) during the night as well as during the day. I get no relief from them. However, I still do not show outward signs that anything is wrong. My head feels like it is a bobble doll at times but people tell me that I look fine. I have a burning sensation in my face that corresponds with the trigeminal nerve. I am having trouble remembering things more as of late, my wife says. She also states that I am "slurring my speech" somewhat. I have not noticed this yet, but others have told me the same thing independent of my wife. Also, when I wake up my spine feels warm to the touch. The thought of food does make me I'll as of late but I can keep food down and don't have any problems swallowing.

When I go to bed I shake and quiver inside until I fall asleep. Then I just kind of black out --- I guess from exhaustion. I don't remember dreaming, but I probably do dream. Occasionally, feels like every muscle in my body is firing at once. And the dizzyness --- Oh boy! Sometimes it puts me right on my back. sometimes I have to concentrate on walking. I pretty much have to concentrate harder on whatever I do now. But it is the shakes at night which really bothers me because I can't fall asleep normally. Very troublesome to me. And this all in happening internally! To other people I look and sound fine. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
(male)

mutu1959 HB User
Re: Internal Quivering (or shaking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutu1959 View Post
Well, I've read all the posts about people's innerds quivering (or shaking). These are pretty old posts and I was wondering where people are at with this because I too have these symptoms. I'm being checked out by the Drs (as I am writing this) and we are not quite through all of the tests. But, I can tell you what has happened so far:

I started having some twitching inside my head about six weeks ago (late May 08). It feels like my brain was starting a war with itself. Really odd feeling internally in my head. This progressed to the point of having morning tremors just as I was about to awaken --- only in the shoulders. At this point I informed the Dr and she ordered an MRI for me. The MRI has shown a cyst (probably congenital). We are doing more tests, but they definately DO NOT think that it is a tumor. It may be blocking the flow of CSF in the ventricles but this has not been determined as of yet. We haven't ruled NHP (Normal Hydrocephalus Pressure) as of yet either.

As you can imagine until the Cancer issue was out of the way I was pretty upset. But, it is out of the way and we are going forward with other things.

My Dr told me today that if something "WERE"! happening inside my brain that I wouldn't feel anything. Anything that I DO! feel is on the periphery and NOT! inside my head. Mind you, none of the shaking inside my head is painful in any way. I do feel pressure in my skull, however.

So onward:
The tremors have gone on since then and have mutated from nighttime ONLY! to both daytime and nighttime tremors. This started happening about three weeks ago. Now I am feeling them (the tremors) during the night as well as during the day. I get no relief from them. However, I still do not show outward signs that anything is wrong. My head feels like it is a bobble doll at times but people tell me that I look fine. I have a burning sensation in my face that corresponds with the trigeminal nerve. I am having trouble remembering things more as of late, my wife says. She also states that I am "slurring my speech" somewhat. I have not noticed this yet, but others have told me the same thing independent of my wife. Also, when I wake up my spine feels warm to the touch. The thought of food does make me I'll as of late but I can keep food down and don't have any problems swallowing.

When I go to bed I shake and quiver inside until I fall asleep. Then I just kind of black out --- I guess from exhaustion. I don't remember dreaming, but I probably do dream. Occasionally, feels like every muscle in my body is firing at once. And the dizzyness --- Oh boy! Sometimes it puts me right on my back. sometimes I have to concentrate on walking. I pretty much have to concentrate harder on whatever I do now. But it is the shakes at night which really bothers me because I can't fall asleep normally. Very troublesome to me. And this all in happening internally! To other people I look and sound fine. Any thoughts?
Follow-Up to this post:
After my Dr.s appointment today I tried something new. I took some Echinasia, CQ3 (Anti-Oxidant), and Red Rice Yeast. I figured, "it can't Kill me". I'm not much for herbal remedies. But, about 30 minutes after taking these I was symptom free. I actually was able to take a nice long nap this afternoon and fall asleep normally.

Also, I stopped taking Tylenol several day ago. In fact, I've stopped taking all pain medication. I figured that it was reeking havoc on my CNS (Central Nervous System). This is certainly not the time for continued havoc on that particular system of my body. Any comments?

Old 07-22-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User

As far as I know, Echinacea and CQ should be fine. Have not personally known anyone with side effects; however, two of my family members started the rice yeast and discovered it raised their cholesterol. You might want to keep a watch on that.

Best of luck with your new plan!

Lindaru

Old 07-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
(male)

mutu1959 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaru View Post
As far as I know, Echinacea and CQ should be fine. Have not personally known anyone with side effects; however, two of my family members started the rice yeast and discovered it raised their cholesterol. You might want to keep a watch on that.

Best of luck with your new plan!

Lindaru

Follow-Up:
Well, yesterday I had to go to hospital because --- I was having chest pains. Ultimately didn't have a heart attack, but....

Back to the pain killers I guess. For someone who has NEVER really taken these things I surely cannot stand them.

Anyway, quiver inside my head is back. Fells different this time. Woke up with the shakes this AM. Took a Migraine Excedrin. Feel much better. Going to the Dr again next week. Neuro Surgeon after that. Probably to pull this thing out of me.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User

Have you had an EEG? An EEG can show whether the tremors are seizures or not.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
(male)

mutu1959 HB User

In answering the last question --- No! I have not had an EEG as of yet.

Some things to note:
Since I have turned 45 I have been taking an asprin each day. About 1 year ago I started taking (at the insistence of my wife) a Tylenol a day because it was supposedly better for you. in looking back on this that is about when I started to have these problems. I have stopped taking the tylenol and all pain medication and I am feeling better (much better in fact!).

A cyst was found inside of my head when the Dr. performed an MRI, but cysts are VERY COMMON! We all probably have them.

Does anyone know/read about the prolonged use of Tylenol/Aspirin? Has anyone read about how this can affect a person? I didn't used to take these at all unless I had to because of a headache. I have come to the beliefe that taking this stuff everyday can't be good. Any comments?

Old 07-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User

Hi. I have a prescription drug book I inherited from my Dad. I looked up Tylenol (Acetominophen) and the listed side effects are:

Common - none have been reported.

Less common - sore throat, fever, extreme fatigue or weakness, unexplained bleeding or bruising, blood in urine, painful urination, decreased or frequent urination.

Serious - rash, itching, hives, swelling, breathing difficulty, and if liver damage you would have yellowing of the eyes.

Side effects listed for Aspirin:

Common - stomach upset, stomach bleeding, rash, nausea and ringing in the ears.

Less common - insomnia.

Serious - vomiting, agitation, extreme fatigue, confusion, allergic reaction causing troubled breathing, facial blotching, itching, and swelling of face, lips or eye lids. These serious side effects are most likely to affect children and teenagers.

If there are any other pain killers you wish me to list side effects for, post their chemical name (such as Acetominophen) and I will be happy to look them up for you.

Lindaru

Old 07-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #8
(male)

mutu1959 HB User

Well, I am having my second MRI tomorrow. Believe it or not, I am really looking forward to this. What I am looking forward to is the knowledge it brings.

By the way, I have had to go back to taking the pain medication (Tylenol). I don't like it one bit. But, it is necessary soas to be able to function (at all). Now all I have is pressure in my right frontal lobe with the pain medication. Without it I am incapacitated --- cannot function what so ever.

I don't know how this is going to turn out but I can't wait to find out what this is because the not knowing is driving me batty!

Old 08-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #9
(male)

mutu1959 HB User

Round Two: Battle of the MRIs.
Well, the second MRI has been performed and interpreted and --- drum roll please ---- NO CANCER YEA! It just confirms the obvious.

Still have the shakes (internal, but NOT the big "C".

Will be going to a neurologist starting tomorrow. Gone off of all the meds (tylenol, asprin, etc.,... --- hate taking pills PERIOD!!! (Are we listening Dr's?) Most people don't need to take anything. Not to say that (real) medicine isn't useful, because it is, but most of us really don't need to take anything. I really believe this.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User

For someone 51, I am on the least medications of anyone I personally know. I get Depo-Provera shots in lieu of hysterectomy; I take up to 1,500 milligrams of the regular Tylenol spread out over the day for osteoarthritis and sciatica; and the occasional Tums. That is it.

I cannot believe how many bottles of pills other people have that they deal with every day. I am determined to never become one of those.

Great news on no big *C*! I am very happy for you, Mutu! Happy dance!

Lindaru

Last edited by Lindaru; 08-03-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Clarification of something.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #11
(male)

mutu1959 HB User

Had my appointment with the Neurologist today. We talked extensively about pain medication and how it effects the brain. We both decided that since the tylenol wasn't doing anything for me that it was a good decision to completely get off of it. My symptoms have all but disappeared. And even the ones which remain are dissipating as I write this. I do have a slightly enlarged front right ventricle. We'll just have to keep an eye on it to make sure that it always stays the same. That mean a CAT scan every year and, every once in awhile, an MRI.

Dr seemed to think that I might have an allergic reaction to MSG in addition to the tylenol.
I know that I have said this before but, I think that taking ANY! medication every day is absolutely INSANE! ONLY if it is preserving your life! (That I have to allow for people who read this).

I am a great believer in technological advancement. I truly believe that skin stem cell research is going to cure ALOT of ailments and diseases in the near future (near future being the next ten years).

For those of you that are concerned about Cancer please research online about Radio Frequency Ablation treatment. Unbelievable stuff is happening with this treatment. And when you tie it with Invivo-Nanotechnology RFA then this is really exciting stuff. It boarders on the realm of science fiction. But, and this is the point --- it is REAL and here TODAY. Peoples lives are being saved TODAY by this stuff. They should call it the stuff of "Star Trek Medicine".

Anyway:
For those of you taking massive does of pain killers, do yourself a favor --- JUST STOP IT! And you'll feel better for it.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:55 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaru View Post

I cannot believe how many bottles of pills other people have that they deal with every day. I am determined to never become one of those.

Lindaru
From one of "those" people, I would just like to say that I would hope you might strive to have a better understanding of what chronic, intractable pain is, and what a horrible life it can be for some. With all due respect, I believe that all human beings have a right to some quality of life. Pain medication makes this possible for millions of people every day. We did not choose this life. We are human beings, with much to give to society and our family and friends. The only difference is that we have pain and we are trying to live the best life that we can, without prejudice or judgement.

I wish you the best.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:49 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User

I do not think you understand what I was saying, Cmpgirl. My husband is one of those people who has to be on a lot of medications for various things he has wrong with him. I feel bad for people who have to be on them and I wish there was a better way. I have been fortunate not to need those and have simply made the choice to find alternative ways for myself.

Sorry if I offended you.

Lindaru

Old 08-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #14
(male)

mutu1959 HB User

I do realize that people do have to manage pain (chronic or otherwise) with pain medication (OTC or others). I too do not intend to offend.

I myself am someone who does not tolerate pain well (very low threshold in fact).

But, for me --- I tolerate the talking of pills even less that the pain threshold. I do realize that modern pain medicine (OTC or others) is very good for some people. Just that most people don't need this kind of stuff all the time. But the Dr's.... They are the real culprits! They do the dirty work of the drug companies I believe. Pill pushers!!!

Dr's are you listening? Solve the real PROBLEMS! Become research scientists in genetics and stem cells! Learn to CURE ailments by using these new tools. Then teach each other to help CURE people!

As for me:
I had a relapse of my head problems today and am headed back to the neurologist on in two days. I was not looking forward to this but the pain, dizziness, and tiredness (and associated lack of sleep) are just to much for me. The problem, for me, is not solved.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:33 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Lindaru and Mutu,

Thank you for clarifying. I did not intend to be rude, it is just that as much as I would love to find something that worked as well as the meds I take every day, I have been living with this for many years now, and have seen Naturopathic doctors, herbalists, had accupuncture and had Reiki (which was temporarily very helpful, but expensive) and have taken herbal supplements and natural remedies, to no real avail.

It is a life that bears a great deal of judgement and quite a bit of negative publicity. Nobody in the media ever seems to focus on those of us who are fully compliant with our doctor's instructions and have gained at least some quality of life because of these meds. So, I aplogize that I was a bit short.

I agree, wholeheartedly, that many doctors in this country might as well be drawing a salary from "big pharma". I've seen some docs actually try to coerce symptoms out of a patient, just so they can prescribe the "med of the week". It is downright disgraceful.

I'm sorry, Mutu, that you have had such a difficult time. I read through this thread, and was wondering if you have ever been tested for Parkinson's or MS? Some of what you are describing sounds quite a bit like some of the symptoms of these conditions.

I do wish you the very best and hope that you recieve some explaination and relief for what you are experiencing, very soon. Take care.

Closed Thread