It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #16
(male)

discomfort HB User
Re: Ischial Bursitis/Weavers Bottom

The most recent outburst was triggered by just 3 or 4 hours on an ATV. I had ridden it much harder at other times, but for some reason this seemed to start it up again. I had the shots on Thursday, too soon to tell yet. The shots themselves leave a little ache that takes a few days to clear up. I spoke with the doctor about a cyst or bone spur and he said a cyst would probably have been obvious by exam and a bone spur is very rare on this bone. So he's not recommending any MRI/Xray, but he did say if this shot didn't work we could do one.

None of the over the counter meds helped me. Gabapenten (aka Neurontin) reduced the pain by more than half, but during the 6 months I was on it I gained 20 lbs because it made me hungry all the time (which I'm still trying to lose so I don't recommend it).

Old 06-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #17
(female)

Sara23321 HB User

Hi there,

I've been trying so hard to get a diagnosis on my "bottom" pain. They did xrays and I do have arthritis in my lower back but this is just not it. It's on the "bone" where I sit... more so on the left side. The worst pain I get is when I stand up though. It's just awful and I have to usually pause for it to get better. I recently found out about "Ischial Bursitis" and think this may be it. I am an online gamer and have spent far too long sitting on my butt so it would make sense. I'm just curious if any of you have the same pain upon standing up. Thanks for any info. I just can't get the docs to listen to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #18
(male)

discomfort HB User

Find a pain management clinic. If you are in the boston area you can try the arnold pain management center at beth israel. My shot mentioned above did the trick again for me.

Closed Thread