It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
(female)

bilybowl HB User
how long does it take for the ulnar nerve to heal

how long does it take for the ulnar nerve to heal

Old 01-19-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: how long does it take for the ulnar nerve to heal

that would kind of depend upon a few different things,like what actually caused the damage in the first place? how badly is the nerve damaged,and just where was the damage done at(anywhere from the c spine on down to the hand can be a place where it could become damaged)? there are also a couple of other things involved here too but those are the main questions,if you could answer those it would give a much clearer idea of what you are dealing with here. Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Hi there bily!
I had an Ulnar nerve injury and I tell you it was some really dificult pain to deal with....The good news is that my injury to that nerve was in an area where the surgeon could repair it and it has since gotten better....

If you don't mind I would like to know more about your Ulnar nerve problems?
Is your Ulnar nerve hurting in your wrist, elbow, shoulder...neck? Or all those places?

Have you had any surgery on your Ulnar nerve or in the vacinity or that nerve?

I had a work related injury to my wrist....So I actually had some medial and radial nerve injury and then later ulnar nerve prooblems and that was on of the worst pain I have had....It was left undiagnosed due to being on workers comp for a really long time and finally was diagnosed and agreed by the work comp carrier to be covered and fixed. I had an ulnar nerver transposition at the left elbow and it took some time and physical therapy to get better. I had 3 surgeries on the left wrist prior to the Ulnar nerve transposition and it was a difficult and long process with workers comp......

remember ther is hope out there!!!
Sky

Old 05-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
(female)

bilybowl58 HB User

I somehow didn't reply to this. My injury was a result of fainting and hitting my elbow. I did occupational therapy for 2-3 months, had the emg and ncv which showed an entrapment at the elbow. So I had an ulnar nerve decompression, left cubital tunnel with subcutaneous transposition. The surgery report shows the ulnar nerve as severe and appearance-hyperemic.
The ulnar nerve problems have since gotten better, but the pain I had for a long time was very bad. I took gabapetin for a few months, which created stomach problems for me - now a whole nother problem. I also, was in a car accident in dec. 08, not real bad, but aggarvated the ulnar nerve and created median nerve problems. Had an emg/ncv test which came out normal for any nerve entrapments. So, I have median nerve issues in my left hand/arm, but is getting slightly better and still have some ulnar nerve problems.

Closed Thread