It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
(female)

Mary in Hawaii HB User
Question Ache in upper right arm

This morning, my upper right arm started to ache, off and on. Don't recall doing anything recently to cause this. Concerned about heart issues, but usually we are told to be cautious about left arm aches. Is this a cause for concern?
Mary in Hawaii

Old 02-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
(female)

mo0622 HB User
Re: Ache in upper right arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary in Hawaii View Post
This morning, my upper right arm started to ache, off and on. Don't recall doing anything recently to cause this. Concerned about heart issues, but usually we are told to be cautious about left arm aches. Is this a cause for concern?
Mary in Hawaii
Heart attack symptoms can be different for women (sometimes). Have you had this symptom before? If not, do you have any other symptoms, like shortness of breath or chest pain? If so, you should go to the ER ASAP. If your breathing is fine and you feel OK otherwise, just make an appt. with your dr. asap just to see what's up.

Edited to add: What's your stress level like right now? How is your sleep schedule? Sometimes when I'm really really overly tired or under a lot of stress, I get unexplained aches and pains in different parts of my body -- my upper right arm is a place that usually bothers me when this happens.

Last edited by mo0622; 02-03-2009 at 08:23 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to mo0622 For This Useful Post:
kukana49 (02-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2009, 11:41 PM   #3
(female)

Mary in Hawaii HB User
Smile Re: Ache in upper right arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo0622 View Post
Heart attack symptoms can be different for women (sometimes). Have you had this symptom before? If not, do you have any other symptoms, like shortness of breath or chest pain? If so, you should go to the ER ASAP. If your breathing is fine and you feel OK otherwise, just make an appt. with your dr. asap just to see what's up.

Edited to add: What's your stress level like right now? How is your sleep schedule? Sometimes when I'm really really overly tired or under a lot of stress, I get unexplained aches and pains in different parts of my body -- my upper right arm is a place that usually bothers me when this happens.
Thanks for your response. I did not have any other symptoms other than the ache in the right upper arm. I worried because I had a blood clot years ago, and I am on Plavix because of it, and take blood pressure medication.

On thinking back, the ache may have started because I had been on the computer for quite a while using the mouse in a strange position, as the chair's position was not right. That may have caused the ache initially. Then, I know I started to stress about its being heart related. I took my daily Plavix in the afternoon and about 3 hours later, the pain (ache) was gone.

I know that if the pain got worse or shot up or down my arm, I would have gone to the ER to be evaluated. Thanks again. Good to know someone is able to help with these health questions.

Mary from Hawaii

Closed Thread