It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
(female)

msring HB User
cervical spine mass/lesion

I have had neck pain for some time now however for years my doctors just passed it off as stress,so I took mortin or tylenol and of course it didn't help.I am not a complainer so it was easy for the doctors to pass it off.Finally I went to a different doctor and he ordered MRI in which they found white matter in my left frontal lobe and a mass or lesion in my cervical spine.My neurosurgeon said it can not be biopsied due to the location and he is sending me to neurology because I have tingling in my feet and hands,extreme pain in my neck and shoulder.My balance is off I can't even walk a straight line.I trip alot and my left knee sometimes gets an extreme sharp burning knifing pain that takes my breath away at times.I don't realy know what is happening to me because I have always been so healthy and I have had no injury at all.I was told by my neurosurgeon I need an MRI every 3 months to see if the mass/lesion grows.Does anyone have any answers for me? I don't have anyone to talk to about this because I haven't been given a diagnosis.The doctors are reluctant to give me one.Has anyone else gone through this or know about what it is they are looking for.Sincerley MARY

Old 02-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: cervical spine mass/lesion

obtain a copy of that MRI for yourself and so you just have this for your own records,and can post that summary part at the very end here? it would help alot in trying to help you in the very best way. what i really need to know is just 'exactly' how that 'lesion' in your cord was described,word for word from the radiologists report. did it state a white matter there too or was this particular type pf lesion described as something else? that is what i need to know. i had a lesion in my cord too but it was a vascular one. it would indicate by certain wording in that report if it was vascular or not,that is what i would like to actually know. FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread