It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
(female)

KD86 HB User
Back of Knee/Leg Ache

Hi all:

Early this evening the back of my leg behind the knee (where the leg bends) started to ache. The only relief was during the time I stretched it or massaged it.

This has happened before, but it is not an all the time thing. It always starts in the early evening. The ache is at the same level each time (if that makes sense). If feels better when I stretch or massage the area, but once I stop it will go back to acheing. It is gone by the middle of the night. I think that this occurs on days where my feet ache from standing.

I don't know. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks
KD

Old 03-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Back of Knee/Leg Ache

just wondering when you massage that area behind your knee if you can actually feel any type of lump or bump or what feels like a wad of tissue back there at all,even very small? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
(female)

KD86 HB User

Hey feelbad:

I don't feel anything at all.

KD

Old 03-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
(female)

elizabeth s HB User

my husband has same issues 6 months after back surgery to Lumbar spine of multiple levels. 3 nerves were crushed. Now doc say's it is radiculapathy. seems to worsen by end of day or with increaed activity. Currently seeing a knee ortho to rule out possible meniscal tear since his injury 3 yrs ago resulted from a fall of 7 feet and landing on a concrete slab. ( a job site) unfortunately it took until june of 08, to get authorized for surgery thru workers comp. so all along leg pain was being associated to back injury and not a possible tear.... had the mri of knee friday so waiting on results...i will let you know the out come. They still seem to think it is radiculapathy from back so hope this helps...

Old 03-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
(female)

tiff-cher HB User

I have had the same problem, but the knee cap and all over too. I"ve been getting injections for the last year. I was told I have osteoarthritis that was brought on from a knee injury in junior high school, that just last year popped up TERRIBLE pain when I wore heals to my daughters wedding. Last year I got diff injections. Kenalog and Decodron they didn't help so I did a round of inj called Synvisc and 2 weeks ago started them back up for the second round. I have one inj left to go...and hopefully they will last another year. It does get frustrating. I'm trying to hold off on getting started on the right knee, it's not as bad. Synvisc is like a lubrication for the joint.

Closed Thread