HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Open to All Other Health Topics (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/open-all-other-health-topics/)
-   -   Very low body temperature (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/open-all-other-health-topics/680743-very-low-body-temperature.html)

Maryannie 03-22-2009 12:10 PM

Very low body temperature

Does anyone know what a dangerous body temperature is? I have felt very weak and fatigued the last couple days. My temperature has been as low as 94.0 and the highest being 97.0. I know I don't have hypothyroidism because I'm not gaining weight. I just started taking my temperature the last couple days so I don't know how long this has been going on. I know that I am ALWAYS cold unless I wear layers of clothing.

Drain Bamaged 03-22-2009 01:21 PM

Re: Very low body temperature

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][I]Greetings Maryannie :wave:

I don't have an answer to your "Q" ~

Although, I personally have a very low body temp.. my average temp is 96 to 97f. with a few points inbetween. If, I get any higher for a few days mind you. I am running a low grade temp. While I was in the Hospital one time. The nurse took my temp and I was 94f. She asked if I was alive :) in the humor of it. She came back a bit later with another blanket & took it again ~ it was same...

If, I do get colder I refur to it as "Bone Cold" it's a warning for my body to get into a warm bath to bring my core temp up. I also will heat up some broth and sip away. Noting from the previous body temp drops I'd come down with not so nice a bugga-boo.

The type " A " person according to the world Doctors. carries 98.6 or a bit higher. Our body temps are as such ~ so our bodies can fight off bugga boos...

Hopeful it's only that your a really cool person... and not anything else.

Best Regards [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

TEdds83 03-22-2009 04:06 PM

You can still be skinny and be hypothryroid. You don't have to have weight gain. I know slender people with this. I would definately have your thyroid checked out. I am hypothyroid and I did happen to gain weight with mine. But with a body temp low like that I would still check it. Good luck!

krazy2day 03-22-2009 06:50 PM

95-98.6 hair raises, goosebumps form, shivers, fatigue.....

below 95 confusion sets in, muscles malfunction...

anytime hypothermia sets in, the worst symptom is a sudden rush of heat (for no real reason) as things deteriorate very quickly thereafter

two causes of hypothermia are diabetes and the hypothyroidism

Maryannie 03-23-2009 07:25 AM

Thank you for your responses. I've always been on the cold side but lately it's a lot worse. My temperature can vary by two degrees just within 5 minutes. It could be 94.6 and 5 minutes later up to 96.6. I checked on my kids to make sure the thermometer was right and it seems to be. I have been dieting, I wonder if that would do it too.