It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

dolejaly HB User
I need advice.....

How do you find the answers to problems when they all are cluttering your mind? My severally disabled son will be 18 in a few weeks, and due to my health issues I have had to lean to others for inhome care for him for the past 5 yrs. He was shaken 17 yrs ago by a ex and the anger has never came out,. I just have lived numb and done what I was suppose to do to help him survive. When the DR's told me he would not live another 48hrs I prayed and made promises that if I was to leave this hospital w/ him I would care for him the rest of my life. A promise I feel I now am breaking. My health is deteriating and I live in pain everyday living on pain medications just to do the simple things in life. I know I made the ultimate sacrafice and gave up all my dreams to care for him and to give him a chance at life, but now I look at my life and I am unhappy. I have lean to others for help for caring for him, I want the chance to live a little for myself, but I feel that is wrong. Yes, I am helping others w/ employment and he is getting what he needs, but I am not there for him as I promised I would be. All those years of mental pain I kept inside and never spoke to anyone of what I was really feeling, Never shared all of what I went through as my son fought for his life, not that I didn't want to, but because everyone knows me as the strong one. When I have tried to open up people make me feel like a burden and become distant or angry in some ways. But, now seventeen years later the clutter of emotions just w/ the daily existance of all other issues I can't even think anymore and feel like I just want to scream.....But, again everyone has looked to me of a person that can with stand anything, I solve it all....No matter what I say people will not realize I have weakened over the years not strengthened.....Now I ask myself at 44 yrs old, do I place my son in the hands of another and try and regain something in my life that was me, or continue through out as I have. The guild and hurt I would feel is unknown at this point because i have so many mixed emotions to know what to feel or think.....Personally i feel I am going crazy.....any advice on what to do???? ......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread