It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
(female)

munky1990 HB User
Unhappy Stomach problems? I don't know.. maybe IBS?

I'm eighteen years old, female. Uhhhm... No drugs, alcohol, or sex...
Idk, just telling you if ya need to know.
My stomachs been killing me.
For some reason doctors haven't tried to find the cause of it. They kind of just tell me to eat.. well, bread.
Okay, all my symptoms.
I had, not diarrhea, but soft stool, it was hard to pass, and my stomach felt like it was being ripped out in the process. I didn't examine the stuff but the few times I saw it it had white spots in it. That went on for over a week.
Went to the doctor, started a bland? diet. It helped a little bit. Very little.
After I started taking Kaopetate [[sp?]] I went a day without using the bathroom, but I sometimes still had stomach cramps even when I didn't go to the bathroom.
I went today and there was more white, and mucus was attached to it. Gross, I know.
Since then I've been nauseous, reaaaally tired, some chest pains [[tiny ones, probably nothing]] and breathing problems.
I don't know, do you think somethings wrong? Symptoms sound familiar?
I'm going back to the doctor monday, but I'm curious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #2
(female)

munky1990 HB User
Re: Stomach problems? I don't know.. maybe IBS?

It hurts.
No ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
(male)

greengrass HB User

Hi Munky1990

At first it sounded like you may of had a baterial infection of some sort (Salmonella, Campylobacter), stomach cramps nausea etc point to this. All stools have a tiny amount of mucus, but when it becomes visible it means your bowel is irritated.

Using Kaopetate will not solve the problem just mask it and you said your stools were soft not diarrhea.

There may be something in your diet causing the irritation, food allergies can crop up at any time. Look at what you have eaten regular recently, most probable cause is a meat. It could be in home or a takeaway you eat from regular. Stop using for a while and see if the symptoms get better.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:07 AM   #4
(female)

munky1990 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
Hi Munky1990

At first it sounded like you may of had a baterial infection of some sort (Salmonella, Campylobacter), stomach cramps nausea etc point to this. All stools have a tiny amount of mucus, but when it becomes visible it means your bowel is irritated.

Using Kaopetate will not solve the problem just mask it and you said your stools were soft not diarrhea.

There may be something in your diet causing the irritation, food allergies can crop up at any time. Look at what you have eaten regular recently, most probable cause is a meat. It could be in home or a takeaway you eat from regular. Stop using for a while and see if the symptoms get better.
Thanks, I'll try that. Thank you for answering. :]

Old 04-05-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
(male)

kcvata HB User

suggestion look up ''white spots in stool''. read them and then go to a doctor.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

I have irritable bowl syndrome and it sounds very similar to what I experience. Sometimes you go from having the runs to being constipated within a short span of time. If it's really bad and I have to be away from the house I take one imodium and only one. Usually things begin to settle at that point. Help your doctor out by describing everything as graphically as possible--trust me, they've heard much worse. And the first thing you should do is keep a food diary and see if certain foods trigger the onset of a bout of this. If you do have IBS, don't distress. It's controlable. I'm very glad you're seeing a doctor because they can be your best friend at this time! Good luck!
Soibhan

Closed Thread