It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 06:34 AM   #1
(female)

Stacybear HB User
Is hard lump a blood clot? :(

Hiya

about 2 weeks ago now i was at the bus stop, a few boys bolte past me and sent me flying into a lamp post ith a bin on it, the top of my bicep banged right off the bin amd i was in tears with the pain, my bicep started to bruise instantly and i could hardly move my arm for two days , a constant feeling of muscle weakness and pain when movin my arm at all. the bruise on my arm was dark purple, like it had been bleedin alot beneath the skin and was very large, but it wasnt painfull, the pain was further up my arm where ther wasnt much of a bruise, anyways , after about 5 days a hard uncomfortale lump has appeared in the area that was painfull, not where the bruise was , 2 weeks hav passed now and the horrid lump is still ther, the bruising is almost away but this lump is stressing me out as i had a friend who dies at 22 frm the result of hurting himself and having a blood clot he never knew he had. I'd be very gratefull for any advice on wat this could be as its showing no signs of going away.should i go get it checked out? will it ever go away? and what is it ? thanx for takin the time to read, hope to here from u soon xxxxxxx

Old 05-01-2009, 04:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User
Re: Is hard lump a blood clot? :(

Hi there,

The lump in your arm could definitely be a blood clot, but more likely it's just "indurated", inflamed subcutaneous tissue which has become that way from the bleeding that occurred. If you're worried about dying from a blood clot to the lung, don't be. IF you have a blood clot, it is superficial, and it is not superficial clots which embolize to the lungs--it is clots in the deep venous system (that you usually can't feel); HOWEVER, the concerning thing is that you had so much bleeding from such minimal trauma. You should probably get your blood counts and coagulation parameters checked the next time you're at the doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
(female)

Stacybear HB User

Hey thanx alot for this advice, the lump is till ther and the bruise is almost completely gone.
if its a minor thing then i wud rather just leave it too go away , altho im also worried that it could have turned into a cyst, i just had a cyst removed from my face about 3 weeks ago and would hate to think of this turning out to be another of those, as im terrified of anything surgical and had to be knocked out to even get the cyst out on my face again thanx for replyin it is much appreciated

Old 05-04-2009, 05:51 AM   #4
(female)

CassieO HB User

Sounds like what you have is a hematoma,
Hematoma is a localized collection of blood, usually clotted, in a tissue or organ.

Hematomas can occur almost anywhere on the body. In minor injuries, the blood is absorbed unless infection develops. Contusions (bruises) and black eyes are familiar forms of hematoma.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #5
(female)

Stacybear HB User

hey thanx gain for replying

the bruise is completely gone now and again the lump is still there, it doesnt seem to have changed in size and its now becoming uncomfortable, its startin to feel a little sore wen its touched or pressure is put on it in a certain way , i havent gone to see a doc as i was hoping it was just gonna disappear in its own time, but its annoying me now

Old 07-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
(female)

kathydeang HB User

If it were a clot, you would know it, because it would be painful!

Closed Thread