Re: Got shocked by a Hot wire yesterday
WOW!.... I hate to be the odd one out, but be aware that this is REALLY terrible advice. From what I understand its uncommon for low voltage electrical shocks to cause latent defects, but I heard a story about a guy in the LA movie industry who received a 110v shock, was dazed for a moment but appeared fine, did NOT go to the doctor, and ending up suddenly dying a week later. OSHA classes will teach you to always get checked out by a doctor in the event that you receive an electrical shock.
I wouldn't screw around with it, especially if you actually feel heart flutters. I mean jesus...
At the same time, I've known many people who've been shocked by 110, including myself to a degree, and are fine.. But keep in mind that these weren't situations where they were standing in puddles and potentially taking a really decent shock through their heart. Not worrying about it is very poor judgment for you guys in my opinion.
Last edited by Mattykrab; 07-12-2009 at 12:01 AM.