It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 05:37 AM   #1
(male)

billmurray HB User
New Post - Truckdriver Joint Pains

Hi Guys

I am new to the site so hope I don't break any rules right off! Just thought I would write in to ask if there are any people in my position or similar... I am a long-distance truckdriver - I have done it my whole life and I enjoy it but I dont get to see the kids and my wife as often as I would like. One of the problems which I have started to have are joint pains specially in the lower back area. One of the people who I work with recommended something called Cortaflex - I have recently started taking these as I managed to get a free weeks trial.

I have to say I feel that the pain is slightly less - but has anyone else tried this or anything similar? I know that the horse version of this is very popular but not sure about the human version.

Thanks again

Bill

Old 07-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User
Re: New Post - Truckdriver Joint Pains

Hi Bill! Welcome to the boards! I'm not a truck driver, but I have had plenty of joint issues. I had a total hip replacement at 46 yrs. old. I also have osteoarthritis in several other joints as well and I'm no stranger to lower back pain. I'm not sure what the drug is you're talking about--is it over-the-counter? My orthopedic surgeon recommended taking Glucosamine/Condroiton which is found with the vitamins in any drug store. It is safe and there aren't any side effects I know of. My dog even had to take it! It helps with joint pain, for sure. If you are sitting for long periods of time, you may need to do some exercises to STRENGTHEN your lower back muscles. Do an online search for lower back exercises and I think if you do them faithfully, you may have a lot of relief from pain. Of course, if you're not a lot better soon, you should probably see a doctor to rule out anything more serious such as disc problems, etc. (I'm assuming this didn't come on suddenly, like a kidney infection, stones?) Good luck and hope this helps!
Soibhan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
(female)

UnitedFreedom HB User
Re: New Post - Truckdriver Joint Pains

Hello Bill,
I was a truck driver for about 11 years, I have been out of the truck for 7 years and I have been having joint issues for about 5 years. I did not think it could be from driving. I am glade that I came across this board. I hope you are doing better. let me know if you find something to help.

Thanks
UnitedFreedom

Last edited by UnitedFreedom; 07-12-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Closed Thread