It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2009, 12:31 AM   #1
(male)

azerothian HB User
Not eating during the day

I work at grocery store and when I am at work I do not eat. We get two half an hour breaks during our 8 hour shift. I usually break after 5-6 hours and usually only drink water when I am thirsty.

I am told by some friends that I should be eating, but really I don't see the problem.

Before anyone says anything. No, I am not anorexic, or have any eating disorders. I am not trying to lose weight, but over the course of 1 year of working I have lost over 30 points and gained significant muscle combined with working out.

I don't get tired and I don't complain. I don't get hungry at all, I am fine. My shifts are always different, but I eat a good meal before work and one when I come home.

Is this taking any toll on my body? It's nice to have people care about you, but I am fine. If anything I feel better than I have ever have. I always have energy and no I don't drink coffee/tea.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Not eating during the day

No, this is not good for your health.

When you do not eat on a regular basis your body is cheated on nourishment. However, the liver compensates at the expense of being overworked. An overworked liver is not good for your health. You do not want liver failure at an early age.

Best to eat something every 4 hours during the day, does not need to be a large meal. This will keep the glucose level stable and not put undo stress on other organs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
(male)

azerothian HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty800 View Post
No, this is not good for your health.

When you do not eat on a regular basis your body is cheated on nourishment. However, the liver compensates at the expense of being overworked. An overworked liver is not good for your health. You do not want liver failure at an early age.

Best to eat something every 4 hours during the day, does not need to be a large meal. This will keep the glucose level stable and not put undo stress on other organs.
okay well it's not everyday. I will do that though. I just don't like eating while I am at work.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User

I don't care to eat while I'm at work either. So I didn't, or just barely did for a long time.
I had so much energy and stamina and no health problems while doing so.
Except for a few weeks ago a minor health problem creeped up on me and with some determination of finding out what it was I found out it was caused from lack of nourishment and eating what my body needed.
Oh, I felt so bad physically. Now I have to MAKE myself eat my healthy little snacks throughout the day and it has made such a difference and I'm all better now.
I don't think you are trying to starve yourself or lose weight or anything. I understand because I don't want to take the time and effort to have to eat something either, but now I do because I don't want to cause problems for myself.
It would be good for you to just eat a healthy snack during your breaks. Like, a salad, boiled egg, tuna sandwich, raisins, etc.... (processed packaged food isn't that good for you even if it says it is)
hope this helps

Old 07-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #5
(male)

azerothian HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate29 View Post
I don't care to eat while I'm at work either. So I didn't, or just barely did for a long time.
I had so much energy and stamina and no health problems while doing so.
Except for a few weeks ago a minor health problem creeped up on me and with some determination of finding out what it was I found out it was caused from lack of nourishment and eating what my body needed.
Oh, I felt so bad physically. Now I have to MAKE myself eat my healthy little snacks throughout the day and it has made such a difference and I'm all better now.
I don't think you are trying to starve yourself or lose weight or anything. I understand because I don't want to take the time and effort to have to eat something either, but now I do because I don't want to cause problems for myself.
It would be good for you to just eat a healthy snack during your breaks. Like, a salad, boiled egg, tuna sandwich, raisins, etc.... (processed packaged food isn't that good for you even if it says it is)
hope this helps
I see thanks. Not making any excuses, but I just don't want to bring food, don't want to spend money on junk food, because I am just not hungry period.

Again it's not everyday. Sometimes I work 6 days in a row, other days it's one off, one work, etc.

Maybe I will just bring a banana or something... I don't know.

Closed Thread