It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

dianajune HB Userdianajune HB Userdianajune HB User
My right arm is swollen & I'm in pain

I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this. A couple of nights ago I woke up in pain because I slept on my right arm. The pain went away later that morning and everything was fine. Yesterday my arm wasn't too bad, but overnight last evening I had the same problem. Slept on my arm and woke up in pain.

This afternoon I noticed it was swollen, and I didn't really give this much thought, but a few days ago I was with a friend and she thought I had a rubber band around my right wrist because of how swollen it looked. However, I wasn't in pain at the time.

Sometimes it feels like I'm getting muscle cramps and spasms too, depending on how I turn my arm, and stiffness. I remember a long time ago having problems turning my right arm a certain way or it would hurt.

Could this be arthritis? Could it be fluid retention? I had to skip my water pill twice this week because of having to go away. It would have interfered with what I had to do, but I did take it this afternoon. My arm still appears to be swollen.

I hope this isn't anything serious as I've got enough to cope with. I had a nuke stress test & echo not long ago because of a false alarm with chest pains. Those tests came back normal. I have an underactive thyroid and may have carpal tunnel syndrome (couldn't afford the tests to confirm that). I remember being told many years ago that I have degenerative disc disease.

If anyone out there has any ideas as to what this is & how to treat it, please advise. Thanks!

Last edited by dianajune; 08-14-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread