It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
(male)

Wader HB User
Wierd Skin irritation/White itchy bumps!!

Ok so about a month ago I had severe poison ivy rash on my fingers and went away with proper treatment. Then after it finally healed, it came back, bit this time it was on every single finger covering everything on my fingers on both hands. What was weird was it didn't look like poison ivy. It looked like it was a rash of some sort but my doc said here is some prednisone, and prescription cream. Within a week it went away. These bumps were so itchy it made me nuts but they went away. Now it has been 2 weeks and itch free, until a few days ago, my arms started to itch, and then the back of my up arms started to itch. As the days went on, they itched more, no bumps were appearing. Then I was itching one day and little white raised bumps appeared on the backs on my arms, more so on my right one. They go down when I don't itch then come up when I do. It is so irritating. None of the itchy bumps are really pussing or become a blister, they are just going up and down every time i itch them, and itch when ever they want to. I bathe regularly so scabies doesn't make sense, any other suggestions? This irritation has not spread it is on my arms and some spots on my knees but they are not itchy anymore. any suggestions??????

Old 09-06-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Wierd Skin irritation/White itchy bumps!!

It can't be the poison ivy, it doesn't "come back" unless you've been reexposed. (the oil that causes the rash can stay on unwashed clothing, pets or tools and reinfect up to a year)

Are you allergic to anything? Metals like zinc, nickel? Wearing tight or rough clothing? Even scratching itself can cause hives - it's called a "physical allergy".

See your dermatologist again, he can tell if it's just hives or contact dermatitis, or if it's something more serious like psoriasis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
(female)

KittyClaw HB User

I have the same thing!! It started about a few days ago, I would scratch a bit in my fingers and a itchy white bump would appear, then if i didnt scratch it it would turn pink and not itch anymore for a bit, then it would itch again. And as days went by one or 2 more appeared in my wrist , shoulder and another finger (right hand). Then finally yesterday I was laying on my bed and I felt my arm starting to itch and i scratched vertically, and where i scratched little white bumps like 4 of them showed up, and if i scratched more they became bigger. so i didnt know if it was bedbugs or not, i checked and dusted everything and put new sheets but then i got another bump on my thigh, and then on my other wrist! Grr I dont know whats going on..

Old 09-16-2009, 05:10 AM   #4
(male)

ml30426 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyClaw View Post
I have the same thing!! It started about a few days ago, I would scratch a bit in my fingers and a itchy white bump would appear, then if i didnt scratch it it would turn pink and not itch anymore for a bit, then it would itch again. And as days went by one or 2 more appeared in my wrist , shoulder and another finger (right hand). Then finally yesterday I was laying on my bed and I felt my arm starting to itch and i scratched vertically, and where i scratched little white bumps like 4 of them showed up, and if i scratched more they became bigger. so i didnt know if it was bedbugs or not, i checked and dusted everything and put new sheets but then i got another bump on my thigh, and then on my other wrist! Grr I dont know whats going on..
don't scratch the white bump open. I never found out what they were but did find a way to keep them under control, and that was not to itch them, know matter how much they itched. If you brake them open they will spread. I would like to know what they are if anyone finds out.

Closed Thread