It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
(female)

Little rhapsody HB User
Some help?

I have had two similar episodes in the past few weeks that have given me cause for worry.

Before college, while getting a routine test for TB, I started to lose consciousness. I became lightheaded, my vision was blotched out by black spots, and the noises rapidly faded into the background. Apparently I had become extremely pale. The doctor there gave me some orange juice to spike up my blood sugar, assuming I was stressed out by the needle. However, I have had countless shots before and this has never happened.

The second one, just over labour day, happened while I was fishing at my grandparent's farm, like I do every year. I experienced the same symptoms, and luckily my brother had some Dr. Pepper on hand. There was no real stress involved beforehand and I had eaten lunch a little over an hour beforehand.

I have not seen a doctor to get any blood work, but I have been looking around on the internet. Unfortunately, these symptoms can result from several different pathways stemming from several different causes, and searching them is like an endless maze.

One of my search results was hypoglycemia (possibly adrenal related) but I am an athlete and am not diagnosed with Diabetes. My mom suggested that it had to do with blood volume, as my cousin had had similar, and that I should increase my salt intake. But this doesn't happen enough for that to be likely, right? And would sugar bring me out of the fainting state if it were due to that? I suppose I have more research to do.

Anyway...
the main question of this post:

Have any of ya'll experienced similar? What are some more possible causes that I can research?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
(female)

Little rhapsody HB User
Re: Some help?

I'm not sure if this new symptom is related to the previous, but lately I've just been lightheaded in general and unable to retain water.

Closed Thread