It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
(female)

ladyoni HB User
Red face GAD or EAR INFECTION i need your help guys

I am 25 yrs old and I've been experiencing Anxiety and Depression for 5 months now. I already consulted a psychologist and he said I have General Anxiety Disorder.
But after reading some posts on this site I'm now having second thoughts if it's GAD or an Inner Ear Infection. Some of the symptoms I've been experiencing
are...

BRAIN FOG and DISORIENTED. It's hard to explain but most of the time my head feels cloudy and it's like I see static in my vision, worst part is I feel disoriented, hard to concentrate and poor memory. The first few months are the worst but since last month it kinda subsided however it's very unpredictable.

ANXIETY and Depression (Excessive Thinking) I'm very fortunate that my anxiety or physical symptoms like shaking, shortness of breath and blood rush somehow normalized recently, although I'm still taking valiums for this but just everytime I feel the rush. What I can't endure is my excessive thinking. Thoughts of worthlessness, worry, sadness and sometimes suicide. But the excessive thinking is erratic it happens 2 or 3 times a week.
My Doctor said that Anxiety and Depression are linked to each other.

I took Lexapro for about 3 months it was okay at first but after awhile it didn't seem to work for me anymore so I stopped. My Doctor recommended Tofranil as an alternative though I haven't tried it yet.
Right now I'm not taking any medication by choice I'm only doing counseling and prayers. Somehow I'm afraid to be drug dependent.

I read a post on this site similar to my symptoms and he was diagnosed with an Inner Ear Infection. Is that possible?

I'm so tired of this illness i wanna be normal again!!! I wanna go back to work
and enjoy life with my husband!!!

Please I need help, if you have any suggestions or alternative cure let me know. Thank you so much.

Last edited by ladyoni; 09-25-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
Re: i need your help guys

ladyoni,

1. Have you had an head injury within the past year or so? Think hard. Many people get a wack to head without immediate sypmtoms and forget about it.

2. Have you been exposed to toxic chemicals recently - especially organic solvents.

Organic solvents are found in many household products such as paint thinner and fabric spot removers. Dry cleaning fluid is an organic solvent. Some glues contain organic solvents and many other products do too. Organic solvents are routinely used on a daily basis in a wide variety of business applications. Organic solvents are highly neurotoxic.

Your symptoms are like ADHD symptoms. Excessive exposure to solvents and some head injuries cause ADHD-like symptoms.

Bob

Old 09-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I have similar symptoms to you and struggle with anxiety. I take Prozac for my anxiety. I used to have depression but luckily got through it over the past two years and have really improved. Most of this was just from lifestyle changes.

Unfortunately there is no easy answer to your questions. You might want to look into the inner ear disorder just so you aren't left wondering. I have considered looking into that for myself as well. I also recently heard that TMJ disorder can cause similar symptoms to an inner ear disorder (and I have some jaw pain, so definitely a possibility with jaw or neck soreness).

I have also read that ADHD in adults can commonly have anxiety/depression symptoms, so I'd ask about that too if all else fails. I don't think I have ADHD, but I sure do have some of the symptoms, so who knows. I get really out of it as well and have memory problems, dizziness, etc. I've just been taking my Prozac for the anxiety and just trying my best to work with the dizziness/forgetfulness. To avoid it causing trouble in my life, I use a planner to write everything down and put reminders in my phone. It helps me out quite a bit. It's frustrating when I honestly can't remember what I was doing the other day though, like when someone asks how my weekend was! Usually it comes back to me, but takes longer than it should.

As you see, there isn't an easy answer. Many things can cause those feelings, but yes, anxiety can very well cause all of those symptoms. Just try out different things to see what works best for you. If Lexapro isn't helping, perhaps it's just not the right match for you. Prozac does make me feel a little spaced out, but I feel much calmer and relaxed and I don't overthink like I used to- it really calms my mind and makes me stop obsessing and worrying about things so much. I also don't get upset as easily. I figure all of this is worth feeling dizzy and tired, because I feel happy!

Old 09-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
(female)

ladyoni HB User

I really can't remember if i had any head injury...

It started 5 months ago. I wasn't able to sleep for 2days then I fainted and that's where I had my first anxiety attack but the symptoms came a week after. First 2 months were the worst time I had to quit my job because I couldn't function very well. I'm doing much better now but the symptoms are sooo erratic. I'm just afraid that the illness might not go away or it might take years for me to fully recover.

I already spent alot for counseling and medication.

I know I'm going through anxiety and depression but what I don't understand is what caused it. I want to know the right cure for this because it's frustrating me.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
(female)

ladyoni HB User

How do I get rid of the "unreal feeling" or being disoriented?

Closed Thread