It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
(female)

rawrsauce HB User
Unhappy I'm having a weird pain in my side....

Hello! For almost 1 week, I have been having this odd pain on the left side of my body, right under my ribcage. It started directly on the side, then moved forward a little bit today. I am wondering what kinds of ailments could cause this, and what I might be able to do to stop the pain.
When I lay on my right side, it gets worse, but it feels better when I lay on my left side. If I sit up and yawn or take a deep breath, I feel pressure, almost like a little "bloated" feeling in that area, which is about half the size of my fist. The pain in general isn't debilitating, and I can drink liquids and eat normally. Sometimes I have a mild loss of appetite. There is no vomiting, and I had diarrhea for 2 days (unknown cause). There is no blood visible from anywhere, and urination does not hurt (urine is also light in color, so I'm sure I'm well hydrated). I can answer any questions about other symptoms I may or may not have. I am just seeking suggestions on what could be wrong with me, and how I can stop the pain. I will admit, I am a little scared of what a doctor might say/do to me.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
(female)

bluidmom HB User
Re: I'm having a weird pain in my side....

I've had that same pain. In that area is the bend of your colon I found out. You could have an impaction that needs to be passed. My doc had me do a clear liquid diet and laxative and it was gone in 2 days.
Just a thought. If it doesn't get any better you should go see your doc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2009, 12:15 AM   #3
(female)

rawrsauce HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluidmom View Post
I've had that same pain. In that area is the bend of your colon I found out. You could have an impaction that needs to be passed. My doc had me do a clear liquid diet and laxative and it was gone in 2 days.
Just a thought. If it doesn't get any better you should go see your doc.
thanks
I actually saw my doctor a while ago, and he poked and prodded me, then ruled out my spleen and said it's probably just a muscle hurting...even though it felt like an organ, but he had me take tylenol and 3 days later the pain was gone.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
(female)

lyndsey77 HB User

i too can relate to the symptoms i have read about here. for over 2 years now i have had strange pain on the left side of my body. i have had every test imaginable and all of which showed 'nothing' i am 5ft 106lbs married mother of one nine month old boy. i am at a loss and it is becoming increasingly depressing because i am deathly afraid i have cancer of the bones or something bad like that and it is 'being missed' by doctors because it is written off as anxiety. i feel i am getting anxiety because of my symptoms! it started with aching in my left clacical, shoulder area. also in my left side of chest area down my right arm and also my hip/back, thigh and big toe as well as my left hand and my left knee. i realize how crazy and random these symptoms are but they are very real and very scary to me. my husband is a physiotherapist and has tried to reassure me that there is nothing 'serious' wrong. i have 3 enlarged lymphnodes under my left arm and the ultrasounds don't show anything 'serious' just that they are enlarged. i am having a mamogram done on friday but it still wouldn't explain all the leg and other pain i have on the left side. i can accept that i have anxiety but i just cannot accept that anxiety has caused all of these symptoms! i am petrified it is bone cancer and is not yet diagnosed. i have had a lot of blood tests done as well as saw a neuro, ENT, respirologist, cardiologist, gastrointerologist, as well as 2 family doctors. i have had an MRI that cleared me of MS (thank God) but my gut is telling me something is just not right. i am so scared and wish i knew what else to do. does anyone know if bone cancer would show in blood work ?
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
lyndsey

Closed Thread