It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #16
(male)

symbal HB User
Re: Doctor seems stumped!

I'd get a second opinion about that B12 level because you are only 12 points over what most doctors class as a severe deficiency, and any nurse saying a rating under 100 being alright should be struck off for apt stupidity, if nothing else just buy a bottle of 3mg or 5mg B12 lozenges and see how you feel when they finished.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #17
(female)

neen0 HB User

Thanks, I have just ordered some Vitamin B12 drops online. Finding any sublingual forms of B12 online in NZ was acutally more difficult than I thought. I had assumed I could buy it anywhere, but only found two online shops in NZ that sell it. The local pharmacy only stocks the tablets which from what I am read, seem pointless.

Anyhow, will see how it goes and let you know

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #18
(male)

symbal HB User

Yeah same in UK only a handfull of online stores sell anything over 3mg, and you right for me normal tablets have almost zero effect because antibodies in stomach stop it being absorbed, and NHS won't pay so i have to pay £18 a month for what is an essential treatment for me, never used drops so really don't know but as long as it's absorbed through tongue it should work.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #19
(female)

neen0 HB User

Received the drops by courier this morning so started taking them. Not sure how long it will take before I see any result.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #20
(male)

symbal HB User

Well injection has a noticeable effect within an hour then you crash a few hours later and can hardly move, should be more gradual with drops over few days, hopefully this is the problem then you just have to convince Doctor which isn't always easy.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #21
(female)

grammy1 HB User

this is so interesting. when i read your first post and your symtoms, i thought you may have fibromyalgia. i am exactly as you. i was dx 2 yrs ago. now i am wondering if it could be a vitamin def. for me. I am going to the pharmacy first thing in the morning and buying some b12. well, maybe i need to get my doctor to check it-i dont know

Old 11-18-2009, 09:38 PM   #22
(male)

symbal HB User

Yeah you'd be surprised how often it's something as simple as this but doctors are just so ill-informed on B12, a woman near where i live was diagnosed with MS for years but as soon as she got the B12 shots her hair grew back and everything just massively improved, in UK a petition had to be put before parliament so they understand what we go through and change rules so people don't end up massively under treated, if anyone reading this is also having a lot of seemingly unrelated symptoms then just try B12 because i can guarantee a load of people here will be cured by it.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #23
(female)

neen0 HB User

Have been taking the B12 for six days now, and no noticable difference, however I have noticed a new symptom. Do not have a clue as to how long it has been this way, but have noticed a numbness to an area above my right ankle, a patch directly above and leading in toward the middle part of the front of my foot. Very weird, the left side is fine so far (many of my symptoms happen to both sides of my body) but I will mention it to my doctor.

I was also reading a little about B12, and notice that when they sell B12 in oral form (pill or capsule) then they recommend that you take it with food. But from what I have learned there would be extreemly little to no effect at all by taking it this way, which poses the question, why on earth do they bother selling it at all??? Money I guess, which just makes me shake my head.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #24
(male)

symbal HB User

You take the pill with food because it just goes in your stomach to boost the amount that goes through naturally, but since i can't absorb it like that it is pointless, so i take the lozenges which i hold under the tongue untill absorbed which is usually 20-30 minutes because it absorbs directly into the blood stream.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #25
(female)

mayjay123 HB User

Are you on Birth control pills?
I had very similar symptoms while on the pill.
Many emergency room visits and doctors appointments turned up nothing.
I now believe I suffered from estrogen dominance as a result of taking BCP. Since stopping the pill I'm so much better. Estrogen dominance can also accure during pre-menopause and peri-menapause.
I hope you feel better soon.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #26
(female)

mayjay123 HB User

I had very similar symptoms. Many test and Doctors appointments turned up nothing.
I was however on the birth control pills. I believe I was suffering from estrogen dominance. Estrogen dominance can also occur during pre-menapause and peri-menapause. Since I stopped taking Birth control pills I feel so much better. There is a book called "what your doctor won't tell you about menopause"
I fond it very helpful I'm only 27, But hormones affect our bodies at all ages.
Hope you find some answers.

Closed Thread