It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
(male)

Singlewedge HB User
Drunk and have not been drinking

I take melatonin in the winter to battle the time change and SAD. I have done this for 2 years now and it works well.

This season I started again taking .5mg sub lingual before bed. After two weeks I started with dizziness while sitting, standing, walking, and my gait was affected. Basically I felt drunk.

I stopped taking the melatonin because one the side effects is dizziness. 2 weeks have come and gone. No relief. Now this morning I woke up feeling like I drank a bottle of rum. It continued through the shower and through my walk to the bus which was an S pattern gait.

I got to work and my symptoms are worsening. Now I have a temporal headache bilaterally and I still feel drunk. More like taking benedryl then not sleeping. Sorta feeling like your brain is somewhere else. Dizzy while sitting still, reading, standing, walking, etc.

I read some posts re Lyme Disease here. Around here we do not have ticks its just too cold. Even still when I go into the woods I wear a cap, long sleeves, long pants and tall socks. I always do a tick check and have my wife check me as well and we have yet to find one.

Here is the kicker. I have no insurance with which to get all kinds of medical tests. I would like to know some experiences and maybe some directions to look.

I have had no recent head trauma and am taking no medication. Perhaps an advil because the headache is getting severe. Yes I am on the lookout for TIAS.

Thanks

Edit:
2 Advil and nothing to the headache. Seems to be getting worse and now my head feels fuzzy. I forgot to mention that I have been having small visual hallucinations(Corner of my eye, things that look weird then not after a stare) and at least 1 auditory hallucination.

Last edited by Singlewedge; 11-05-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread