It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
(female)

andrewcat4 HB User
Question Broken ribs?

Hi. I just joined this site hoping to get some insight as to what I can do to help stop (the most excruciating I have yet to experience) pain before I see the Dr. tomorrow morning...a couple months ago, I coughed and felt like I broke a rib. Went to my Dr., had xrays, she couldn't see a break. Upon going back to the hospital for something else a few months later, they took a chest xray and said, "Did you know you had a broken rib that healed?" Well yeah, I knew...ha ha

At any rate, I joined a gym a few months ago to avoid more injuries like this, and have been going steadily 3 or 4 times a week. 2 weeks ago, again I coughed and was in a weird position, and hear a little pop in my right side. Didn't hurt too bad so I kept going to the gym, but now I think that only exacerbated it. Sunday night, got up off the bed and coughed and OMG I almost passed out..felt another crack deep in me, and now my right side muscles are totally ripped up and hurt like hell. I went to the emergency room, the took xrays, again couldn't see any breaks, but I know they're there!!!

They gave me percocet and that isn't doing anything but making me nauseous. (Yes, I took it with food.) And I know to ask my Dr. about osteoporosis (sp?) tomorrow, as my ribs shouldn't be cracking like they are.

Anyway, bottom line --- should I use ice off and on, or heat? Should I try to stretch a little?

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
(male)

woisme HB User
Re: Broken ribs?

Holy cow,You sound almost exactly like me.Very similar as far as the findings.I was at laser spine institute in arizona getting work done on neck and had them take a picture for me and sure enough,a break that no one saw here locally. One doctor told me i may want to have that rib,#7, removed.That pain you felt must have been a nerve getting pinched by the break,like mine,and wow i could not help but cuss and swear in the e.r..Seems the more work i do the worse it gets.
Good luck with yours.

Closed Thread