It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

constant dizziness

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
dores
(female)

dores HB User
constant dizziness

I am 31 year old female desperate to find out wht is wrong with me. I have been having dizziness for the past six months. What can be causing this? i have had ecgs , stressecho,blood work and everything comes back normal. Please help...... Otherwise healthy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
TEdds83
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: constant dizziness

Hello Dores!! You are not alone! Tonight I am saying the same thing!! I have been dizzy for days! Tonight its the worst yet. I have just been to the ENT doctor and asked him about this. He didn't seem too concerned. He says its because of my constant congestion. I asked him about the cold weather and low barometric pressure, it is 3 degrees where I live tonight. He says it causes pressure and dizziness in the inner ear/head. It still bothers me and scares me. I hate it! I am constantly taking Zyrtec and Sudefed too. How bout you? Do you have allergies? Do you live where it is real cold right now? Those are a couple of reasons. If you have had all the tests I am not sure what to tell you. I feel bad too. Hang in there!

Old 12-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #3
LoveMoo11
(female)

LoveMoo11 HB User

I am in the same boat as you-I am a 20 year old female and I have been constantly dizzy for a few months. I have had tons of tests, I'll list them, you might want to look into them if you haven't had them already:
CT scan of sinuses
MRI of head
EEG of brain
Lyme Disease
Thyroid
Diabetes/blood glucose
white cell count
Epstein-Barr
basic bloodwork for nutrient/vitamin/mineral levels
All of these tests were negative/normal. I have seen my regular doctor, an ENT (he said nothing was wrong with my ears), a neurologist, and am now seeing a chiropractor. I saw him for the first time yesterday and he said it seemed that my neck has suffered some severe trauma (which is possible, I work at a farm and am always hitting my head/getting bounced around), and that the knots in my muscles are pushing on a certain group of nerves in the neck and could possibly be the cause of my dizziness (he said he honestly thinks its about a 50/50 chance that this is the root of my problem). So he is going to give me a series of adjustments and ultrasound therapy to see if it makes a difference. I have tried a bunch of different medications as well, none have made a difference. I am still under the care of my neurologist, she has me on nortriptylin to see if I have a migraine variant (meaning she has no idea). I hope you get some answers soon, it really stinks to have to put your life on hold. If you would like to talk, please email me, its interesting to find someone else with my same problem.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
patrickT
(male)

patrickT HB User

you might like to try increasing the potassium level in your blood, as well as activity level. sunlight, morning sun, helps by waking up the body, through shutting down the pineal thus stopping the melatonin secretion.

practice deep breathing exercises, which is to make use of the entire capacity of your lungs, holding your breath for 4 seconds on inhalation and exhaling slowly through pursed lips.

upon complete exhalation, hold for 6 seconds before inhaling though your nose

Old 12-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #5
Kasey443
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Dizziness, when the tests come back normal, is many times caused by a problem with the neck muscles, and is very often overlooked as the problem. They can tighten and put pressure on the blood vessels going to the brain ( I had this problem a few different times ) and it can cause severe dizzy spells, headaches, or a problem with balance, like you are floating. Physical therapy where they knead the tightness out of the muscles is the only thing that worked for me so I highly recommend this if you find this is the cause. Your neuro. can check your upper back, shoulder, and neck muscles to see if this is it. The other cause that is overlooked is allergies like the other post said, allergies can cause your sinuses and ear canals to swell and this pressure makes you dizzy even though you may not feel congested, I had this problem also and ended up at the doc only when I had a severe sinus headache. He put me on an over the counter nasal spray that did wonders for me.

Closed Thread